• Create Account

video video copy of vertex buffers

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 rouncer   Members   -  Reputation: 380

0Likes

Posted 12 August 2011 - 12:33 PM

To help speed my program up, I need to do a video video memory copy of vertex buffers, but the buffer im copying to has less elements than the buffer im copying from... is there a way to cap off the copy early?? (dx11)

Sponsor:

#2 MJP   Moderators   -  Reputation: 8829

1Likes

Posted 12 August 2011 - 01:06 PM

ID3D11DeviceContext::CopySubresourceRegion should be able to do what you want

#3 rouncer   Members   -  Reputation: 380

0Likes

Posted 12 August 2011 - 01:21 PM

Yes I thought so, but its designed for textures... could someone take the time to give me a really mega short 4 line example of how they think I should do it, remember its just a couple of vertex buffers.

#4 Syranide   Members   -  Reputation: 375

1Likes

Posted 12 August 2011 - 01:49 PM

Yes I thought so, but its designed for textures... could someone take the time to give me a really mega short 4 line example of how they think I should do it, remember its just a couple of vertex buffers.

From what I can tell it also supports 1D-resources, which a vertexbuffer could be classified as I assume?(Or perhaps that's only 1D textures)

#5 rouncer   Members   -  Reputation: 380

0Likes

Posted 12 August 2011 - 01:53 PM

yeh no worries fellas, i got it working, you actually say the amount of bytes you need to copy on the x axis, not number of elements. (elements*size)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS