• Create Account

Starting with OpenGL ES 2.0

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 EasyCoder   Members   -  Reputation: 116

0Likes

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:15 AM

I am planning to develop few games for Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (Running Android 3.0).

This is what I have done so far:

(1) Installed Android JDK / SDK / NDK.

(2) Downloaded all the respective header files for OpenGL ES 2.0 and put them into respective sub-folders in include folder.

(3) I am planning to use Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 for development of the games.

(4) I have an OpenGL ES 2.0 Programming Guide publication, where it says in the section Programming with OpenGL ES 2.0 / Libraries and Include Files (Page 13):

OpenGL ES 2.0 applications will need to link with the following libraries: the OpenGL ES 2.0 library named libGLESv2.lib and the EGL library named libEGL.lib.

(And I presume I need also libGLESv2.dll and libEGL.dll)

Despite googling 3 days for these files I found no hint as where from download them (I have found the above dll files in Firefox sub-folder, but I am not sure if those are the correct ones to use for Android 3.0).

I am absolutely stuck - I want to get on with the coding, but cannot even start ! :blink:

Can somebody please point me to right direction ? Any help is highly appreciated.

Sponsor:

#2 karwosts   Members   -  Reputation: 840

1Likes

Posted 20 August 2011 - 11:04 AM

I think those files may come from the OpenGL ES emulator.

Have you checked out here: http://developer.nvidia.com/tegra-resources ?

At the bottom of the page they have a link for "x86 Windows OpenGL ES 2.0 Emulator", which may be what you need to get started.
My Projects:
Portfolio Map for Android - Free Visual Portfolio Tracker
Electron Flux for Android - Free Puzzle/Logic Game

#3 EasyCoder   Members   -  Reputation: 116

0Likes

Posted 20 August 2011 - 03:57 PM

I think those files may come from the OpenGL ES emulator.

Have you checked out here: http://developer.nvi...tegra-resources ?

At the bottom of the page they have a link for "x86 Windows OpenGL ES 2.0 Emulator", which may be what you need to get started.

Bless you, karwosts :rolleyes:

I did not try it yet, but after reading the attached manual, I think that might be just the ticket !

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS