• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

#1 Spur   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 07 January 2000 - 01:09 AM

I''m REALLY REALLY REALLY GREEN NEWBIE. I mean, the best I can do is Tetris or PacMan. I write in Delphi, and i have MS Visual C++, but I don''t know how to use it. Does anybody have ANY adresses of on-line free stuff (tutorials, books) on anything (C++, 2D, 3D, optimising, general)?

Sponsor:

#2 Melo   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 07 January 2000 - 01:50 AM

Well, i posted a Tic Tac Toe game to the Workshop some weeks ago. The program is sourceware .

Aehm - just one question - where has the workshop gone???

I would also recommend reading some Books about Windows programming, C++ and DX. It will help much! (Everyone here will tell you, that the books by André LaMothe are the best choice).

Bye
__Andreas

#3 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 07 January 2000 - 04:39 AM

Since you can do Tetris, you are not a newbie anymore. (that proves that you can do more than Hello World ;-)

Delphi is fine for programming. Nice user interface, easy to use, fast enough code. I guess you should visit a Delphi related site. I know there is something like Turbo, dedicated to Borland compilers. There you can find OpenGL/DirectX headers for Delphi (''units'' ???)
The address? Ehm, no idea. www.turbo.com or something. Take a look at http://www.flipcode.com and look at the news archives. The Turbo site is mentioned there, somewhere.

DaBit (dabit@trybit.com)

#4 Jeremiah   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 07 January 2000 - 07:09 AM

Delphi is alright I guess, but if you want to get
into serious game programming, I would suggest that
you learn C++ instead. The vast majority
of games out there are written in C++, especially
commercial games!

#5 Khawk   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 1362

Posted 07 January 2000 - 08:54 AM

The workshop is around. It''s just being redone. :-) If you really really need to get to it, try http://www.gamedev.net/community/gdw/.

Kevin

#6 Darkening   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 08 January 2000 - 08:21 AM

Try www.informit.com
You can register for free and there''s some on-line books on C++ you can read to help you.

Hope it will helps you

#7 Spur   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 12 January 2000 - 06:54 PM

Thanks ya all. But I is difficult to come across a good computer realted books(I''ve never seen LaMothe) in Slovenia.(and I don''t have a credit card for Internet shopping )

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS