• Create Account

We need your feedback on a survey! Each completed response supports our community and gives you a chance to win a $25 Amazon gift card!

Patriots: Soldiers of Liberty Looking for Talent (Special Opportunity)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
28 replies to this topic

#1 AudioOutlaw   Members   -  Reputation: 170

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:01 PM

Posted Image

Team name:
Molotov Games

Project name:
Patriots: Soldiers of Liberty

Brief description:
In a very, very broad nutshell Patriots itself takes place in 2020, in a post-apocalyptic/war-torn Chicago where freedom fighters step up to fight against a faction that rises after WWIII. The game takes a new outlook on the Action/Adeventure, Scavenger and Shooting genres. Utilize the environment to help you in surviving the dangers of fellow man and wildlife. The fight for freedom just got a whole lot more dangerous. Scare ammo will have you fighting in close quarters or running for your life, moral decisions will make you fight yourself to either save your resources or your conscience, and the environment comes alive to use as weapon or a means of escape.

NOTICE: We are only developing a prototype demo right now. The reasoning is posted below.

Target aim:
I have been in contact with many many heavy hitters in the Triple A industry and many have guided me and given advice. Someone by the name of Vince Zampella has agreed to review a prototype if we were to present one and possibly send it to EA so that we can pitch it to them. Besides Mr. Zampella we have many other contacts in different studios including, Respawn Entertainment, EA, EPIC Games, Microsoft Studios, Gearbox Software, CodeMasters and more. Our aim is to create the best demo we possibly can showing off the very core of Patriots, displaying that innovation is needed for the industry and that Patriots can compete with the big boys of the AAA market.

Compensation:
There is guaranteed and possible compensation.

Guaranteed:
Solid Experience in the areas of your specified craft, working with a team, under deadlines and a bit of design.
Portfolio work to display your most recent skills.
Extra Practice to enhance your skills and a chance to receive help from others in areas you want to improve.

Possible:
Royalty Payment if the game is to make it to the public.
Career Opportunities for some and exposure to the people in the Triple A industry.

Technology:
The prototype is being built for PC using the UDK.

Talent needed:
Lead Animator -
• Need to know how to rig characters and objects
• Animate basic and complex animations.
• Must be able to lead a team
• Must know UDK
• Knowledge of AnimTrees

Animator -
• Need to know how to rig characters and objects
• Animate basic and complex animations
• Must know UDK
• Knowledge of AnimTrees is a plus

Special FX Artist -
• Must know UDK
• Provide visual effects including muzzleflashes, explosions, fire, steam, dust, water, blood, etc.
• Must have an eye for detail!

Lead Level Designer -
• Develop missions and levels according to the vision of the game and the objectives
• Take part in leads meeting
• Manage other level designers, making sure that they are on task
• Assist with the scripting of game-play entities and events (Kismet)
• Experience in using UDK in at least one mod project (evidence required)

Environment Artists -
• Knowledge of UDK
• Must know how to model from concepts and references
• Must have solid texturing skills
• Need to have an eye for detail
• Have a good sense of scale

3D Character Artist -
• Must have excellent understanding of male and female anatomy
• Must be able to work from concepts at well as reference images
• Must be able to optimize and produce clean models
• Must have solid texturing skills present

Team structure:
Concept Artist (Characters)
Experience: 6+ Years. Professional Freelance Artist.

Lead 3D Artist (Environment & Props)
Experience: 5+ Years. Holds a BA in Games Modeling & Animation

3D Artist (Environments & Props)
Experience: 5+ Years. Holds a BA in Games Modeling & Animation

3D Artist (Weapons, Vehicles & Props)
Experience: Masters Degree in Computer Animation & Anatomy and Bio-Mechanics in Fictional Creatures. Works at EA.

3D Artist (Characters)
Experience: 6+ Years. Holds a BA in Games Modeling & Animation.

Animator (Rigging & Animation)
Experience: 5+ Years. Worked on professional movies.

Level Designer (All Level Design)
Experience: 5+ Years. Works at CodeMasters as a Dev QA.

Lead Programmer (All Programming)
Experience: 5+ Years. BA in Interactive Media. Has worked on many different projects.

Programmer (All Programming)
Experience: 12+ Years. Has worked on many mods and has AAA industry experience.

Experience: 10+ Years. Has worked on many different projects.

Experience: 3+ Years. Has worked on several mods.

Composer (All Music and Composition)
Experience: 5+ Years. Holds a BA in Music and Graduate in Scoring for Motion Pictures and Television. Works on Hollywood movies and TV.

Story & Script Writer
Experience: 7+ Years.

Websites:
http://www.facebook.com/PatriotsSoL
http://www.twitter.com/PatriotsSoL
http://www.indiedb.c....ers-of-liberty
http://www.indiedb.c...y/molotov-games

Contacts:
freedomfighter@getrenewal.net

Previous Work by Team:
None

NONE/ANY

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sponsor:

#2 AudioOutlaw   Members   -  Reputation: 170

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:36 PM

We are still looking for Programmers!

#3 AudioOutlaw   Members   -  Reputation: 170

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:21 PM

A Concept Artist spot has opened up!

#4 AudioOutlaw   Members   -  Reputation: 170

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:49 PM

We still have positions open!

#5 AudioOutlaw   Members   -  Reputation: 170

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:13 PM

Ui Designer spot opened up!

#6 AudioOutlaw   Members   -  Reputation: 170

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:56 PM

We still have some needs!

#7 AudioOutlaw   Members   -  Reputation: 170

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:51 PM

Still looking for programmers!

#8 Psychotic   Members   -  Reputation: 108

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:39 PM

Still looking for programmers!

Hey,

I would interested in the general programming position. What do you need from me.

#9 AudioOutlaw   Members   -  Reputation: 170

Posted 14 September 2011 - 03:15 PM

Spots are still open!

#10 dpadam450   Members   -  Reputation: 949

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:13 PM

13 people and no work to show for it? And your running the show with no experience, as a writer?

(Yes, I do have proof of these emails if you are skeptical)

Vince Zampella has agreed to review and send our prototype to EA with his name on it

So your friends with him then or someone on your team is, because nobody is taking you serious if you have no website, and you offer nothing to your company/product other than every 13 year old out there "DUDE I'm gonna write for games and own my own company." Everyone on the team has apparently 8 years experience and you have .....wait for it........wait.........none. So either you are the age of these other people and have done nothing to learn or understand anything about games, or you are 13 and someone scammed these people into believing more of you. Why would people that know what they are doing, be starting an indie company with someone who knows nothing and offers nothing.

#11 marcosis   Members   -  Reputation: 108

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:52 PM

wow, what crawled up your ass and died? did mummy and daddy not give much attention as a kid or something?

im sorry but there is constructive criticism and unconstructive criticism, what you have just said does nothing to help to anyone. you have just laid down a small rant becuse 'you' dont like the way he is doing things.

instead of just hating on something, why not offer some advise on how you might proceed with such a project or how other indie teams have won through with various approaches in the past.

that kind of bitter attitude will get you no where life, it doesnt help help you or anyone else.

#12 dpadam450   Members   -  Reputation: 949

Posted 15 September 2011 - 12:42 PM

I'm just being honest with people. Most people I dont post to because they can have ambition and drive and say "well we are 14 and want to do an MMO" , as much as those are unrealistic as well, they dont have posts like this that are plated with fake gold. Try it and pass or fail you will learn something, but those guys are at least programmers or have small games they have written. This dude is straight up nobody though. He is making it as if they basically are going to get a deal already but the first thing you look at is who and what. He is basically pitching a game as somebody who goes "man I want to make a game" (as a writer).

When people on these forums will start being honest and stop being lazy. The dude according to his teammates experience, would put him at roughly 30 years old. Ok why are you not an artist, programmer, level designer by now? He claims all these contacts but are they friends most likely. Are they actually going off his experience (which is none). Just because you are friends with a guy that owns a game studio (zampella) doesnt actually mean by association you know what you are doing.

#13 StauntonLick   Members   -  Reputation: 148

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:04 PM

I have to say that the stars have aligned to make me skeptical of this one as well. The fact that you have interest from major players yet can only offer potential royalties is a little off-putting. If your prototype is good enough to get Vince Zampella to put his name on it maybe you could post some screenshots of it? I think that could help sway the doubters.

I don't mean any offence at all by this - from experience I think you'd struggle to recruit without providing a little more solid detail. Good luck!
Jonny Martyr
Composer & Sound Designer for Games & Film
www.jonnymartyr.com

#14 AudioOutlaw   Members   -  Reputation: 170

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:25 PM

I was amazed when he agreed to review it and help as well. Looks like there is still people who care about the little guy still. I understand people are skeptical and I have proof through these emails if someone isn't sure. We're also close to releasing some pictures as well so those will be out soon.

StauntonLick, thanks for atleast putting constructive concern on here rather than just being rude about it. We do have proof incase of concern. I have also showed everyone on my team these emails.

Also, I do wish to learn modeling, but right now we need everyone working on this with the highest quality we can produce. I will learn down the road though. So, I'm taking on all the business aspects as well as learning each aspect of the development process from all of my team members to help me direct the project. Along with that I am taking on script writing, which I have studied before.

Pictures coming soon!

#15 AudioOutlaw   Members   -  Reputation: 170

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:46 PM

Positions still open and images added!

#16 Zethariel   Members   -  Reputation: 310

Posted 28 September 2011 - 06:13 AM

Wonder stories like that do happen. My friend had a chance at opening a studio under EA's wings, just because one of his retarded teammates sent an early prototype to (I can't recall the name, but it was a Polish representative of EA). He was given a deadline of 3 months to make a playable demo.

This is where the dream ends and reality bites off your arse, as he didn't make it. As much as I saw the fire in his eyes to get it done, the others just didn't care much/weren't serious. He failed. Hope that is not the case for you, good luck!
Disclaimer: Each my post is intended as an attempt of helping and/or brining some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone, unless stated otherwise

Homepage (Under Construction)

Check my profile for funny D&D/WH FRP quotes :)

#17 AudioOutlaw   Members   -  Reputation: 170

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:58 AM

It won't be the case for us. We didn't pitch anything to anybody yet. We don't have a set deadline to provide a demo. We get to finish the demo and polish it to the bone before we even meet with someone. Which is a fantastic opportunity, but just because we have all this time doesn't mean we're not giving ourselves our own deadline to finish.

#18 AudioOutlaw   Members   -  Reputation: 170

Posted 12 October 2011 - 06:10 PM

All positions have been filled.

New images posted as well.

#19 AudioOutlaw   Members   -  Reputation: 170

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:10 PM

Due to some people stepping down some positions have become available!

#20 AudioOutlaw   Members   -  Reputation: 170

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:58 PM

Programmers and UI Designers needed! Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS