• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

Defend Your Nuts

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
7 replies to this topic

#1 dx elliot   Members   -  Reputation: 325

0Likes

Posted 21 August 2011 - 09:33 PM

Defend Your Nuts is a free-to-play Flash game sponsored by Armor Games. The project took six weeks of development and then one week of part-time bug-fixing and polish. I used a lot of audio from freesound.org and the royalty free music was purchased from pond5.com and soundloopstudio.com. I did all the programming and art. It is a simple game designed to appeal to the large casual gaming audience. There are four weapons, half a dozen enemies, a boss fight, and three difficulty settings, so a play-through can take less than 25 minutes.

My blog the progress of how the game was developed, as well progress on my current projects.

Download attachment: dyn_ng.jpg
Download attachment: screen1.jpg

Click here to view the iotd

Sponsor:

#2 CamJackson   Members   -  Reputation: 205

1Likes

Posted 22 August 2011 - 06:05 AM

I played this! The only annoying thing was the game finishing before I had a chance to get all the achievements, and then all my upgrades were lost when I went to play through a second time.

Other than that, cool game :)

#3 et1337   Members   -  Reputation: 1719

0Likes

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:14 PM

Wow. Amazing work for six weeks. Well done! Love the art style.

#4 acamer01   Members   -  Reputation: 382

0Likes

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:39 PM

I haven't even played your game and I think it's awesome from the title alone!!!!
The key to immortality is to live a life worth remembering.

#5 venatiodecorus   Members   -  Reputation: 104

0Likes

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:40 PM

I dig the art. Nicely done!

#6 O-san   Members   -  Reputation: 1731

0Likes

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:12 AM

Nice game! It got me interested enough to played it through to the end but I didn't have enough time/levels to get all of the achievements either.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#7 DTJ   Members   -  Reputation: 111

0Likes

Posted 24 August 2011 - 04:38 PM

I would've called this game, "GET OFF MY NUTS!"

#8 danto   Members   -  Reputation: 154

0Likes

Posted 08 September 2011 - 03:22 PM

Very nicely done!
For Gamers and Developershttp://www.nitrousbutterfly.com

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS