• Create Account

[PAID] I am a 3d Artist and I am available for work.[UPDATED]

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
29 replies to this topic

#1 nestor818   Members   -  Reputation: 128

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:22 AM

Edit:Please check my website to view my newest/recent work(I have many more but for NDA purposes I can not show to public)

Hi my name is Nestor Chavez and I have been a 3d modeler for 8 years with 3+ years of game industry experience.I have obtained a degree in 3d design from Los Angeles Mission College Institute of Multimedia Arts.I have done various freelance gigs such as prototyping for inventors, visualization rendering, game character modeling,animation and modeling in general for games.I am looking for paid work only, if you are interested and want to see some of my work please visit my website NestorD3dModeler and/or contact me at nestor_c@yahoo.com.Thank you for your time and have a nice day.

note:My rates are reasonably negotiable.If you would like to discuss any work please shoot me an email instead of a PM.Please no feedback on my work, this post is just for paid job opportunities and no royalty jobs.

Applications used:

Maya
Zbrush
PhotoShop

Posted Image
Some changes where made to this model from original concept.
Posted Image
Attached File  BIGBRUTE_WIP2.jpg   265.58KB   177 downloads
Attached File  Velcan_highpoly.png   1.44MB   260 downloadsAttached File  Velcan_Faces.jpg   226.7KB   192 downloads

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attached File  IllgaMesh_DJ_Skrillexproject.jpg   590.08KB   353 downloadsChanges where made from original concept.
Attached File  IllgaMesh_DJ_Skrillexproject.png   4.41MB   305 downloadsIllgaMesh in the UDK engine .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzIpSl43X4g&feature=related

link to video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzIpSl43X4g&feature=related

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attached File  Beholder_by_nestor_Chavez.jpg   1.02MB   261 downloadsAttached File  Soldier_Character_High_poly2.jpg   405.47KB   296 downloads
Attached File  AssaultGun_By_NESTOR_CHAVEZ.jpg   34.28KB   329 downloads
Attached File  Prince_by_NestorChavez_.jpg   134.82KB   105 downloadsThis Soldier was a collaboration between Luis & Me from Team MOG

Sponsor:

#2 nestor818   Members   -  Reputation: 128

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:36 AM

New work in my website.

#3 nestor818   Members   -  Reputation: 128

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:04 PM

Bumpsters.

#4 planetearthrecruiter   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 10 September 2011 - 05:42 PM

I am part of a group who is creating a new game we and would appreciate your help.
For more information please visit http://planetearthgame.deviantart.com/
Thank you.

#5 nestor818   Members   -  Reputation: 128

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:06 AM

I am part of a group who is creating a new game we and would appreciate your help.
Thank you.

Would this be a paid position?

#6 planetearthrecruiter   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:14 PM

Thank you.

Look at our page and you could find out. Not at the moment, no.

#7 nestor818   Members   -  Reputation: 128

Posted 24 September 2011 - 05:09 PM

Thank you.

Look at our page and you could find out. Not at the moment, no.

Sorry but my post clearly mentions paid jobs only.please read carefully.

#8 nestor818   Members   -  Reputation: 128

Posted 05 October 2011 - 11:18 AM

Now Available for more work.Post was edited new work and videos on my Portfolio.

#9 The President   Members   -  Reputation: 207

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:52 PM

Hey Nestor,
Good luck to ya. Can you please remove the concept art of PRINCE - as it's rights are retained by me. Correct me if I'm wrong but it also might be worth noting that the character model of Prince is not 100% your work. Another 3d artist on the team "Luis" is responsible for parts of that model if my memory serves me right. (Arms, Legs, Boots). Appreciate your co-operation.
Avid Gamer & Designer

#10 nestor818   Members   -  Reputation: 128

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:45 AM

<br />Hey Nestor,<br />Good luck to ya. Can you please remove the concept art of PRINCE - as it's rights are retained by me. Correct me if I'm wrong but it also might be worth noting that the character model of Prince is not 100% your work. Another 3d artist on the team &quot;Luis&quot; is responsible for parts of that model if my memory serves me right. (Arms, Legs, Boots). Appreciate your co-operation.<br />

<br /><br /><br />
Yes no problem I will remove the concept art but as for the model it self half of it was made by me so rights belong to me and me and Luis came to an agreement about that model :). How you been by the way,long time no see you completely disapeared.I wish you the best in everything your doing.

#11 nestor818   Members   -  Reputation: 128

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:50 AM

<br />Hey Nestor,<br />Good luck to ya. Can you please remove the concept art of PRINCE - as it's rights are retained by me. Correct me if I'm wrong but it also might be worth noting that the character model of Prince is not 100% your work. Another 3d artist on the team &quot;Luis&quot; is responsible for parts of that model if my memory serves me right. (Arms, Legs, Boots). Appreciate your co-operation.<br />

<br /><br /><br />
Oh and by the way what Luis did for the model was arms,boots,helmet and face I did everything else considering he was mainly a weapon modeler and not a character modeler from what I remember.

#12 AudioOutlaw   Members   -  Reputation: 170

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:19 PM

Nestor, if you plan on getting a paid gig for character modeling, don't you think the respectable thing to do is to pay the person who made your base model character?

http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/783966-3D-Modeler-for-hire/page3
Read pages Read pages 3 & 4

I have seen you post multiple threads and you still refuse to acknowledge the fact that you are using somone else's base mesh.

#13 nestor818   Members   -  Reputation: 128

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:54 PM

That person is a troll.the community agreed that the person who made that comment was just trolling and making negative remarks.Anotherthing as for the base model he is accusing me for is for the hands.Now if your accusing me like that person was please read the comments me and the comunity have posted and your questions will be answered.Btw stop trolling.I did not steal any work,let alone does hands are from zbrush I used one of the default humanoid to create a model I did for my portfolio nothing wrong with that.Every Modeler uses previous work to make a new model,all we do is tweak it.Lol this accusations only come from noobie people,people that don't know squad barely starting in the industry and think they know it all.I'll let my work talk for itself.Again all my work is mine and if you want to accuse me of fraud please show proof so the community can judge themselve.I am a professional ,if my work was fraud would I have a job in the industry? Wouldn't my clients know my work isn't legit? If I were I were stealing shit wouldn't does people know? Your just trolling so I'll just let it be :-) . Some people need attention :-) .

#14 nestor818   Members   -  Reputation: 128

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:23 PM

Bump new work.Here is another character model I just finished.
Posted Image

#15 KingLuke24   Members   -  Reputation: 133

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:42 PM

Would you be willing to work on a project if compensation came from the game profit itself? And not an actual sallary?
<----HammerTime!!!---->

#16 nestor818   Members   -  Reputation: 128

Posted 24 October 2011 - 01:57 PM

Would you be willing to work on a project if compensation came from the game profit itself? And not an actual sallary?

No sorry but thank you for considering me :-) .

#17 nestor818   Members   -  Reputation: 128

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:29 PM

Bump new wips of current project on my website.

#18 nestor818   Members   -  Reputation: 128

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:24 PM

No its fine I get permission before posting and most of my work is personal.

#19 RedHarbinger   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:21 AM

Need a 3D animator for our game. Would like to talk with you.

Thomas Nunn
tnunn@redharbinger.com

#20 JDX_John   Members   -  Reputation: 284

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:20 AM

Can you give more detail which editing tools you are expert in... 3DS/Maya/ZBrush/Gimp/Photoshop/etc - maybe update in the first post? I'm sure some teams have existing pipelines.

www.simulatedmedicine.com - medical simulation software

Looking to find experienced Ogre & shader developers/artists. PM me or contact through website with a contact email address if interested.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS