• Create Account

PBuffer Alpha

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 Limedark   Members   -  Reputation: 100

0Likes

Posted 22 August 2011 - 12:38 PM

(Edit: No worry, I found the answer. And the answer is "I'm dumb" :-P I'll see if I can delete this silly question and save face :-D )

Hello, I came to this place from Neon Helium's excellent lessons/tutorials, and if someone here can help me even a fraction of how much the NeHe page has, I will be forever grateful, and humbled :-)

I am dabbling with one of the few non-NeHe sources I have located for a project of mine. It deals with PBuffers: http://www.codesampl...rc/oglsrc_7.htm (I use the version #1 code they have).

I have made it work, and it works rather nicely, but a problem remains: When I use my dynamically updated texture (the one that is derived from the pbuffer), the alpha background becomes non-alpha, a flat surface using the color of the window (i.e. not the pbuffer) for background. If I reduce pbuffer glClearColor's alpha, it simply blends the two set background colors together, it does _not_ make the dynamic texture transparent :-( All other texture alphas work without any problems. It's only the dynamic texture, and I do not know why...

I will spare you the entirety of my setup, but this is the basic settings for the main window:

glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);
	glShadeModel(GL_SMOOTH);
	glClearColor(0.5f, 0.75f, 1.0f, 0.0f);
	glClearDepth(1.0f);
	glEnable(GL_DEPTH_TEST);
	glBlendFunc(GL_SRC_ALPHA, GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA);
	glEnable(GL_BLEND);
	glDepthFunc(GL_LEQUAL);
	glHint(GL_PERSPECTIVE_CORRECTION_HINT, GL_NICEST);
... and this is what the pbuffer works with:
	glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);
	glShadeModel(GL_SMOOTH);
	glClearColor(1.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f, 0.4f);
	glClearDepth(1.0f);
	glEnable(GL_DEPTH_TEST);
	glBlendFunc(GL_SRC_ALPHA, GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA);
	glEnable(GL_BLEND);
	glDepthFunc(GL_LEQUAL);
	glHint(GL_PERSPECTIVE_CORRECTION_HINT, GL_NICEST);
I'm not skilled enough to do anything more elegant, but it has taken me pretty far, and I would love it if something or someone could let me go farther, by helping me enable dynamic texture transparency!

For anything you may think, thanks in advance :-)

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS