• Create Account

Recast Navigation

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Josh Klint   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1347

0Likes

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:37 PM

I figured I would spend a few days working with the Recast Navigation library and wrap the functionality up in some simple classes. I've implemented half a dozen third party libraries in the past with no problems, but I'm finding Recast to be much more difficult than I anticipated. There's no documentation, and the example provided has the pathfinding code mixed up with rendering, .obj file loading, and a GUI, so I can't tell what anything is doing.

Are there any tutorials or documentation, or just an explanation of what commands to call for this library, anywhere? I don't have any specific questions, I just can't tell how to even get started. Any information you can provide would help, thanks.

Build mobile games with native code

http://www.leadwerks.com

Sponsor:

#2 O-san   Members   -  Reputation: 1671

1Likes

Posted 04 October 2011 - 07:15 AM

Sorry for the late reply, I had this problem also, found no tutorials or anything. My best tip is to read through the example code, I found it not so difficult once I got started. Look through Sample_StatMeshSimple.cpp especially the function bool Sample_StatMeshSimple::handleBuild(), it is quite well commentated.

I build my nav mesh from a waveobj memory buffer instead of an actual file. I generate this buffer from my geometry. I then load the buffer using the existing methods rcMeshLoaderObj::addVertex rcMeshLoaderObj::addTriangle. The resulting mesh needs to have it's bounds calculated before the nav mesh can be built from it:

rcCalcBounds(mMesh->getVerts(), mMesh->getVertCount(), mMeshBMin, mMeshBMax);

Lastly I build the navigation mesh using my own handleBuild function which is quite similar to Sample_StatMeshSimple::handleBuild().
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS