• Create Account

Radiosity problems

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 DaBit   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 07 January 2000 - 04:49 AM

I made a radiosity processor for lighting my scenes. The thing works a bit, there are a few problems: - Mapping illumination to [0..1] intensity This proved to be quite hard. A linear mapping operator doesn''t work well. I did find some papers about how to map the illumination to screen colors, but they all assume that I have rendered a view. I want to use radiosity for lightmap calculation. Anybody any ideas? - Placement of the hemicube center on a triangular patch I use triangular patches in the system, but somehow it is difficult to place the hemicube center on it. Currently I just use the triangle''s center-of-mass. (sum(vertex coords)/NrVertices) Using this as the center can give strange results like light sources that appear to be shifted etcetera. Currently I solve this by subdividing the patches, which increases processing time. Is there a better way to solve this? Hmm, enough for now, DaBit.

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS