• Create Account

poly reducer in blender

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 knobby67   Members   -  Reputation: 126

0Likes

Posted 27 August 2011 - 11:46 AM

hi All,
I'm trying to reduce the number of polygons in a model using blender, I need to use the poly reduction script rather than the decicator (sp) tool to keep the text coordinates. When I've looked up how to use it it tells me

Mode: Edit Mode (Mesh)

Menu: Mesh → Scripts → Poly Reducer

However in blender 2.59 when I go to edit mode then click on mesh none of the "drop downs" are scripts. Is this somewhere else in blender 2.59, or do I need to do something to enable scripts?

PS I'm a programmer so I'm not really use to blender so any advice will be helpfull.

Thanks all! :)

Sponsor:

#2 JTippetts   Moderators   -  Reputation: 8344

0Likes

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:24 PM

If I remember correctly, that was a script that was usable in the 2.4 version, and I don't think it has been updated for 2.5. At least, I don't see it anywhere in the addons. You might need to downgrade to a 2.4 version to use it for now.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS