• Create Account

Banner advertising on our site currently available from just $5!

1. Learn about the promo. 2. Sign up for GDNet+. 3. Set up your advert!

pixel area of a polygon

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 davidko   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 21 September 2001 - 11:51 AM

Anyone know of a good way to determine the area of a polygon in pixels when the camera is looking straight at the polygon? Of course, the distance from the camera would have an effect. I''ve tried just rendering the polygon and then using glReadPixels, but I''m having problem with it because somehow, it''s not reading back the rendered polygon (instead it gives me basically a snapshot of my desktop as viewed from the window). I''ve also looked into feedback mode, but it seems to only return vertex information (it would be helpful if it actually returned rendered pixels.) Anyone know of a good, accurate way of determining this?

Sponsor:

#2 zedzeek   Members   -  Reputation: 528

Posted 21 September 2001 - 04:06 PM

a way that''ll give u an exact amount of pixels rendered is to use stencil. ie clear the stencil buffer to 0 and then draw the polygon with stencil set to 1. the read back the stencil buffer pixels and count howmany are set to one. its not super fast but its very accurate

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS