Cubeland - Pulsedrive

Started by
7 comments, last by mind in a box 12 years, 6 months ago
Posted Image

Pulsedrive is the newest creation of the [w]tech team and will be a super fast single-player racing experience which is using the pulse of music for accelerating your ship. Your score will be calculated based on the covered distance and the required time. But your ship is not undestroyable...each collision will damage your ship and if there will be a automatic repair, it will not help you when the music becomes faster and faster and accelerate your ship till the speed of sound and further.

________________________________________________________________________________

>>Normal Ship

One of the first things we created for Pulsedrive were the ships.</strong> We wanted clean models with clean materials which could be adjusted in their colors. Therefore we decided to use a minimalistic style for them, so that they fit to many different environments and track-styles. Here is a rendering of the standard ship for the alpha, made and rendered with blender:

Posted Image

We already have implemented different layers. They will be a visual for the damage-state of your ship. In the later game you will be able to choose between different designs for each layer, but this is still under development.

Posted Image

As already said, we decided to give the players control over the colors on his/her ship. Here are some examples:

Posted Image

________________________________________________________________________________

>>The "Pulse - Drive"

Posted Image

We named our game "Pulsedrive", which reflects the core idea. You will be able to feel the music, because each beat accelerates your ship. In addition, the BPM of the current song will get more during the time. To compensate this merciless accelerating there will be something like aerodynamic resistance which slows you a little bit down. But all in all you will become faster and faster and it will depend on your reflexes if your highscore is higher than your friends'.

Posted Image

Facebook | [w]techportal | YouTube

Click here to view the iotd
Advertisement
Woah, I' currently dreaming about playing this game with the track "The last Fight" from Bullet for my Valentine... I'll probably crash into the first wall due to the high acceleration :D.

Anyways, your project looks great and I also like your idea. I really hope this game makes it into a playable state.

Cubeland is beautiful
AWESOME!!! love the nifty realtime radiosity effect.
Yeah, the cubeland is really beautifull!
Pretty.......
Woah. Five replies and no thumbs? Fixed!

Also, pretty :)
"I will personally burn everything I've made to the fucking ground if I think I can catch them in the flames."
~ Gabe
"I don't mean to rush you but you are keeping two civilizations waiting!"
~ Cavil, BSG.
"If it's really important to you that other people follow your True Brace Style, it just indicates you're inexperienced. Go find something productive to do."
[size=2]~ Bregma

"Well, you're not alone.

There's a club for people like that. It's called Everybody and we meet at the bar[size=2].

"

[size=2]~

[size=1]Antheus
I very much like this no-texture style. I always was into CG with that (original) Tron flair. I actually hope you keep it that way, but that's just me. Also like your edged pod racer.

Your engine seems quite capable. Impressive, keep it up, I keep an eye on this.

PS: Hmmm, don't you have any movie to show off ?
Thanks! :)

Actually we have videos to show off. Most of them are hidden in the news postings we did.
You can find some on the channel of our Artist: http://www.youtube.com/user/RaphaelMenges
They're old, so we didn't brought them over to the engines actual channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/wtechteam

Glad you like it!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement