• Create Account

Graph theory intro?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 Telastyn   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3726

0Likes

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:59 AM

Anyone know of any good, online (or possibly offline) resources for learning basic graph theory?

I wasn't a CS major and only finished up to Calc 3; no linear algebra, no discrete mathematics. I tend to be very visually oriented. I'm aiming to learn the concepts properly and some of the practical aspects so I can deal with some of the programming problems I'm dealing with now in a less slap-dash manner.

Sponsor:

#2 Tachikoma   Members   -  Reputation: 552

1Likes

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:15 AM

I seen this a while back:

Probably as simple as it can get, as far as intros are concerned. That guy has a decent collection of math related vids, it's worth checking them out. You might also want to look at his Markov systems tutorial.
Latest project: Sideways Racing on the iPad

#3 Eliad Moshe   Members   -  Reputation: 806

1Likes

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:11 AM

Check out this link .

#4 jwezorek   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1863

1Likes

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:34 PM

If you're looking for information on graph algorithms the MIT OpenCourseWare for Introduction to Algorithms (6.046J / 18.410J) covers a number of graph algorithms in the later lectures i.e. see lectures 16 to 19 here.

#5 Telastyn   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3726

0Likes

Posted 17 September 2011 - 06:49 PM

I was looking because of work on this.

All of this is good info and helped me think of things a little differently, even if it's too soon for that to be of immediate practical benefit.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS