• Create Account

So who is still around these days?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
86 replies to this topic

#1 boolean   Members   -  Reputation: 1706

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:17 PM

This is the first time I've signed into this account in...years. Any of the old timers still around? Cold Acid, Evolutional, Avatar God, Trapper Zoid, Zero Wolf?

Things are different now! The site looks all fancy and new!

It seems the avatars are being pulled from Gravatar now? Anyone know if they let you set site specific avatars? I miss my old one:)

[Android] Stupid Human Castles - If Tetris had monsters with powers and were attacking human castles. "4/5 - frandroid.com"

Full version and Demo Version available on the Android app store.

Sponsor:

#2 ApochPiQ   Moderators   -  Reputation: 14671

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:19 PM

boolean!!one

Floorcaek for everyone.

#3 boolean   Members   -  Reputation: 1706

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:30 PM

Floorcaek party! :D
(that's a reference I've not heard in a while!)

How's it going these days Apoch? Is Dave still around?

[Android] Stupid Human Castles - If Tetris had monsters with powers and were attacking human castles. "4/5 - frandroid.com"

#4 Cornstalks   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6974

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:34 PM

HOLY **** BOOLEAN IS ALIVE!!!!!!

Most of them are here, though most of them aren't quite as active as they used to be. You should make a floorcaek comic to celebrate the fact that you aren't dead. I thought you might be. It's good to have you back!
[ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

#5 cowsarenotevil   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1979

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:35 PM

I've been around for a long time, but lately (as in the past few years) I have been doing more reading than posting.
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-

#6 Sirisian   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1687

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:40 PM

I wonder if he can still draw.

#7 boolean   Members   -  Reputation: 1706

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:43 PM

Oh how I wish we were all in a pub right now, I'd be buying everyone drinks. Good to see familiar names! *tips hat to Cornstalks and cowsarenotevil*.

I wonder if he can still draw.

Could I ever draw in the first place? :P

#8 shurcool   Members   -  Reputation: 439

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:00 PM

I remember you.

#9 jbadams   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 17751

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:14 AM

Hey Nigel, long time no see! I'm still around, although I used to go by "kazgoroth" back in the day. Evolutional changed his account name to "Downgraded" quite a while back, and I don't recall much recent activity from him. Trapper Zoid vanished for a while but has been active a couple of times more recently.

Setting a site-specific avatar is a GDNet+ feature.

What ya been up to?

#10 Wan   Members   -  Reputation: 1366

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:27 AM

DEMAND NEW COMIC

#11 JTippetts   Moderators   -  Reputation: 8261

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:31 AM

evo is basically MIA. I talk to him on facebook every once in a blue moon, but he doesn't have much to do with gamedevs stuff lately. I changed my name from VertexNormal. All this name-changing that has been going on makes it tough to keep track of the old-timers. You going to start doing the comic again, boolean? Or are we going to have to heat up the irons and sharpen the knives?

#12 speciesUnknown   Members   -  Reputation: 527

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:55 AM

A wild zombie boolean appears!

I think the community has drifted slowly apart over the years; people have grown. The site change and the cancellation of gdnet V5 was a shock which sort of blew some people away.

Except me. I'm still mentally a teenager even though I'm now a fat old man and I find changes to the appearance of the site largely irrelevant.

also

DEMAND NEW COMIC!
Don't thank me, thank the moon's gravitation pull! Post in My Journal and help me to not procrastinate!

#13 FableFox   Members   -  Reputation: 490

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:54 AM

I'm still here. Maniac Wolf back in 1998(?)

I SPUN BOOLEAN! DIVE DIVE DIVE! Posted Image
Fable Fox is Stronger <--- Fable Fox is Stronger Project

#14 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 18219

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:16 AM

*raises a glass of champagne*

It's perfectly fine to abbreviate my username to 'Servant' rather than copy+pasting it all the time.

[Fly with me on Twitter] [Google+] [My broken website]

All glory be to the Man at the right hand... On David's throne the King will reign, and the Government will rest upon His shoulders. All the earth will see the salvation of God.                                                                                                                                                            [Need web hosting? I personally like A Small Orange]
Of Stranger Flames - [indie turn-based rpg set in a para-historical French colony] | Indie RPG development journal

#15 frob   Moderators   -  Reputation: 19820

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:20 AM

So apart from being mostly dead for a few years, what has kept you from the site?
Check out my personal indie blog at bryanwagstaff.com.

#16 eedok   GDNet+   -  Reputation: 971

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:43 PM

Still in Toronto?

I don't post as much as 1) work is keeping me busy and 2) when I see a thread and want to reply and am at the bottom of the page and it says I can't reply I usually just get too lazy to scroll back up to login and just don't reply now

#17 Yann L   Moderators   -  Reputation: 1794

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:53 PM

Oh look, a boolean !

Welcome back :P

*raises a glass of champagne*

Beer, dude. Beer.

#18 BeanDog   Members   -  Reputation: 1063

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:05 PM

I guess I count as an old-timer (since Feb 2000). I think the last thing I did on here meaningfully about games was winning one of the 3-hour game dev competitions several years back. I still lurk around here pretty frequently though, and once everything in my life settles down, if that happens before death, I will probably come back to games :-)

~BenDilts( void );

Lucidchart: Online Flow Chart Software; Lucidpress: Digital Publishing Software

#19 Ravyne   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6990

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:24 PM

Shit, man... welcome back.

[edit] I've been around a lot longer than my join date would indicate. I had created a new profile when the the accounts were compromised in 2007, and later had a moderator merge the accounts -- I got all my posting history preserved, but not my join date or reputation :)

#20 Calexus   Members   -  Reputation: 245

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:34 PM

Floorcaek

I just have to ask. What (or should that be who?) is a Floorcaek? I've seen it before but that was several years ago and I never cared about what it was... kind of regret that now, feels like I'm missing out on some of nerd culture :/
Exitus Acta Probat

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS