• Create Account

So who is still around these days?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
86 replies to this topic

#21 Cornstalks   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6974

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:44 PM

Floorcaek

I just have to ask. What (or should that be who?) is a Floorcaek? I've seen it before but that was several years ago and I never cared about what it was... kind of regret that now, feels like I'm missing out on some of nerd culture :/

Ummm... It's a floorcaek... We had this thread awhile back. And this one. And more. Basically its a GameDev.net meme. Why I'm explaining this, I don't know. All you need to know is boolean is back. Pray he doesn't leave again.
[ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

Sponsor:

#22 shurcool   Members   -  Reputation: 439

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:24 PM

There's not much to it. 3.14... is Pi, which is sounds like pie, which could be replaced by cake. floor is a math operation, so 3 = floor(3.14) = floor(Pi) ~ floor(Pie) ~ floor(Cake) ~ floorcake ~ floorcaek (the last two letters in cake are swapped for fun).

#23 D_Tr   Members   -  Reputation: 362

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:33 PM

Hey I remember you! Welcome back dude! ThoorVyk Is another guy that was very active but I have't seen a post from him during tha last 2 yaers or so.

#24 alnite   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2061

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:37 PM

Ooo it's boolean. Welcome back!

How did your dream of becoming comedy writer superstar goes?

Floorcaek

There's also floorbread, not to be confused with LessBread.

#25 BLiTZWiNG   Members   -  Reputation: 349

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:47 PM

There's not much to it. 3.14... is Pi, which is sounds like pie, which could be replaced by cake. floor is a math operation, so 3 = floor(3.14) = floor(Pi) ~ floor(Pie) ~ floor(Cake) ~ floorcake ~ floorcaek (the last two letters in cake are swapped for fun).

Cake >= Pie >= Broccoli.

#26 dublindan   Members   -  Reputation: 449

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:52 PM

We never interacted, but I've been around on and off since 2001 (not with this account though) and I remember you. I enjoyed your comics. Welcome back.

#27 Oberon_Command   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1814

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:42 PM

It's boolean!

#28 Gaiiden   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 4818

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:10 PM

Well now, here's someone we haven't seen in a while indeed. Welcome back.

Is Dave still around?

He stops by randomly. Not often. He still works behind the scenes tho. As does KHawk

Evolutional changed his account name to "Downgraded" quite a while back....

He changed it back

evo is basically MIA. I talk to him on facebook every once in a blue moon, but he doesn't have much to do with gamedevs stuff lately.

There's been this weird bug that hasn't allowed him to post anything even when he signs in. Mike hasn't been able to figure out why :/

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

#29 zer0wolf   Members   -  Reputation: 1018

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:12 PM

Hey, long time no see! I'm not on nearly as often as I used to be, but I still like to pop on and browse a bit.

It is crazy when I think how long some of us have been on here. I joined these forums 9 years ago! Since then I've gotten my degree, gotten married, had two kids, and spent over 4 years working in the game industry :/

Your comic is practically part of the 'legends of old'!

What is up in the world of Boolean?
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter

#30 boolean   Members   -  Reputation: 1706

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:22 PM

So apart from being mostly dead for a few years, what has kept you from the site?

Once I started uni I was finding I had less and less time for anything, including forum shenanigans. When I started working towards moving overseas I had even less time again, and then once I actually got overseas (apart from my brief stop in on Gdnet before I head to Toronto) I was even more busy. It was also around then I kinda stopped programming for a while. Now that I'm back doing development by day and working on a few of my own projects, it seemed as good a time as any to return to Gdnet :)

[Android] Stupid Human Castles - If Tetris had monsters with powers and were attacking human castles. "4/5 - frandroid.com"

Full version and Demo Version available on the Android app store.

#31 boolean   Members   -  Reputation: 1706

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:44 PM

Hey, long time no see! I'm not on nearly as often as I used to be, but I still like to pop on and browse a bit.

Zerowolf! Awesome to see you're still around :D

It is crazy when I think how long some of us have been on here. I joined these forums 9 years ago! Since then I've gotten my degree, gotten married, had two kids, and spent over 4 years working in the game industry :/

I know what you mean. I was just going back through some of the old Gdnet comics and remembering times of lore. Remember the billion page long posts from Wavinator? Mittens the moderator? Who was it that was moving to a place with no internet just before Valve announced you need an internet connection for Half Life 2? I forgot his name but he made Polypaint.

Oh my god remember Polypaint!?

Married, two kids and a sweet job? It's nice to hear things are going great :)

Your comic is practically part of the 'legends of old'!

That's a worrying thought XD

I was reading them again and forgot just how many of those things I actually did. I must have had more time back then :P

What is up in the world of Boolean?

Still in Toronto, working as a web developer by day. I'm keeping myself busy in the evenings by working on a few websites and browser games for fun.

[Android] Stupid Human Castles - If Tetris had monsters with powers and were attacking human castles. "4/5 - frandroid.com"

Full version and Demo Version available on the Android app store.

#32 B O N E S   Members   -  Reputation: 93

Posted 25 September 2011 - 12:57 AM

Wow I never knew GDNET was so close. I wouldn't know you since I'm relatively new and I just lurk a lot. Plus I probably would have been doing other stuff back then like learning to read.

#33 Uthman   Members   -  Reputation: 480

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:40 PM

boolean / fablefox i remember you guys =]

"a low level aho master like you couldn't kill me even if I let you"

#34 CoffeeMug   Members   -  Reputation: 852

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:52 PM

I (CoffeeMug/kill - man that was a long time ago) haven't signed in in years, though I've been occasionally typing gamedev.net into the address bar recently. Hi!
defmacro.org

#35 furby100   Members   -  Reputation: 102

Posted 26 September 2011 - 05:01 PM

I'm not around any more, but some strange compulsion caused me to wander back here tonight. I first registered to participate in the MP3-beating compression thread. It was thanks to the GDNet lounge that I discovered that there were still creationists around and that a whole segment of society viewed Microsoft as the ultimate evil.

I was once briefly allowed to be a moderator here, but I think Dave came to view that as an error of judgement (on the part of the person who nominated me), mainly because I allowed friends of mine to use my account and they started deleting threads for the thrill of it.

I no longer harbour dreams of becoming a game developer, after realising that I did not actually enjoy programming so much when it was all I had to do and without being able to direct what I was doing myself.

I am moving from England to the Netherlands soon.

That is all.

#36 dublindan   Members   -  Reputation: 449

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:01 PM

I forgot his name but he made Polypaint.

Oh my god remember Polypaint!?

Smart Idiot made polypaint. And, yes, yes I do remember polypaint. I remember you were on it a lot, actually.. check it out.

Polypaint was one of the most awesome things to come out of GDNet ever. I'm sad nobody made a deviant-art style polypaint community.

I have "played" some HTML5-based polypaint clones since, but none of them were quite as good as polypaint was over five years ago!

#37 Wan   Members   -  Reputation: 1366

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:30 AM

Smart Idiot made polypaint. And, yes, yes I do remember polypaint. I remember you were on it a lot, actually.. check it out.

Related polypaint comeback thread. It was beyond awesome, and I actually remember some of those drawings! :)

#38 Gaiiden   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 4818

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:46 PM

woooahhh Furby!! Hello!

This thread is pretty awesome. I say pretty awesome and not totally awesome cause it's makin me feel kinda old, haha

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

#39 zedz   Members   -  Reputation: 291

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:43 PM

im still around, posting less than I did though never much in the lounge

#40 Tron3k   Members   -  Reputation: 660

Posted 02 October 2011 - 01:34 AM

Wow, this is nostalgia-town. All this needs is for bishop_pass to show up out of nowhere, and we'll be transported back to the early 2000s. Posted Image

The site is so modern now. I think I preferred the dark theme.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS