• Create Account

So who is still around these days?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
86 replies to this topic

#41 Platinum314   Members   -  Reputation: 206

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:57 AM

I still come by as a lurker from time to time. I've been busy with working in the industry as well as getting ready for graduate school after 4 years working in the game development industry. I've been offered a fellowship in the University of Houston Mathematics PhD program, so I'll probably be even more busy the next 5 years or so.
The sentence below is true.The sentence above is false.And by the way, this sentence only exists when you are reading it.

Sponsor:

#42 Gaiiden   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 5274

Posted 02 October 2011 - 01:14 PM

It's sad most of the old timers have moved on but nice to hear it's because you're now pro devs :)

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

#43 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4692

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:12 PM

Hello. I remember you! Welcome back!

It's weird being that naive brash kid (and now sometimes adult) to being a pro dev. Now doing web dev, game dev seems a bit of dream sometimes. But this site has more gold than most. That's why I keep coming back. Now if you'll only update the site to the Black theme ... that'll be great :)

So can we expect any Boolean comics in the near future?
Beginner in Game Development? Read here.

Super Mario Bros clone tutorial written in XNA 4.0 [MonoGame, ANX, and MonoXNA] by Scott Haley

If you have found any of the posts helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking the up arrow on those posts Posted Image

Spoiler

#44 smr   GDNet+   -  Reputation: 1681

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:47 PM

This is the first time I've signed into this account in...years. Any of the old timers still around? Cold Acid, Evolutional, Avatar God, Trapper Zoid, Zero Wolf?

Things are different now! The site looks all fancy and new!

It seems the avatars are being pulled from Gravatar now? Anyone know if they let you set site specific avatars? I miss my old one:)

Say goodbye to productivity! And welcome back!

#45 ktuluorion   Members   -  Reputation: 392

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:17 PM

I guess you would consider me to be an old timer-- not sure if you remember me though! Nontheless, i'm still around here and there in read-only mode. If anyone cares for an update, I don't really do anything game-dev related anymore, I sold out and became a project manager in the financial world.
[Piebert Entertainment] [Ask The All-Knowing Oracle A Question]------------------------------------------------------------GDSFUBY GameDev Society For UnBanning YodaTheCodaIf you want to see yoda unbanned then put this in your sig ------------------------------------------------------------DAIAGA Dave Astle is a God Association. To join, put this in your sig!Founder and High Priest of DAIAGA[edited by - YodaTheCoda on December 10, 2003 1:57:54 PM]

#46 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4692

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:39 PM

I guess you would consider me to be an old timer-- not sure if you remember me though! Nontheless, i'm still around here and there in read-only mode. If anyone cares for an update, I don't really do anything game-dev related anymore, I sold out and became a project manager in the financial world.

Infidel!!!!
Beginner in Game Development? Read here.

Super Mario Bros clone tutorial written in XNA 4.0 [MonoGame, ANX, and MonoXNA] by Scott Haley

If you have found any of the posts helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking the up arrow on those posts Posted Image

Spoiler

#47 SteveDeFacto   Banned   -  Reputation: 109

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:01 AM

This is the first time I've signed into this account in...years. Any of the old timers still around? Cold Acid, Evolutional, Avatar God, Trapper Zoid, Zero Wolf?

It seems the avatars are being pulled from Gravatar now? Anyone know if they let you set site specific avatars? I miss my old one:)

I remember you very well actually and it seems like just yesterday you were online.
I'm actually an old timer but you don't know who I am and I'm not telling! =P

#48 ktuluorion   Members   -  Reputation: 392

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:35 PM

I remember you very well actually and it seems like just yesterday you were online.

... Yoda??? =)
[Piebert Entertainment] [Ask The All-Knowing Oracle A Question]------------------------------------------------------------GDSFUBY GameDev Society For UnBanning YodaTheCodaIf you want to see yoda unbanned then put this in your sig ------------------------------------------------------------DAIAGA Dave Astle is a God Association. To join, put this in your sig!Founder and High Priest of DAIAGA[edited by - YodaTheCoda on December 10, 2003 1:57:54 PM]

#49 SteveDeFacto   Banned   -  Reputation: 109

Posted 03 October 2011 - 04:03 PM

... Yoda??? =)

Impressively you've managed to guess three of the letters in my old user name.

#50 tstrimple   Prime Members   -  Reputation: 1734

Posted 03 October 2011 - 04:13 PM

... Yoda??? =)

Naw, I swear this guy is Raduprv.

#51 cowsarenotevil   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2101

Posted 03 October 2011 - 04:27 PM

... Yoda??? =)

CodaKiller...
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-

#52 SteveDeFacto   Banned   -  Reputation: 109

Posted 03 October 2011 - 05:04 PM

... Yoda??? =)

CodaKiller...

Aw you remember me! Posted Image
However, I even had an account before that one. Can you guess it?

#53 Trapper Zoid   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1370

Posted 03 October 2011 - 05:30 PM

I'm trying to resurrect gamedev this month so I should be dropping by more often.

I still don't know my way around the new site.

#54 Cornstalks   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6991

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:46 PM

I'm trying to resurrect gamedev this month so I should be dropping by more often.

Please. This site needs to be necro'd. It's just not the same without the old timers.
[ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

#55 boolean   Members   -  Reputation: 1714

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:20 PM

Every time I go into my account settings I feel like I've never used the internet before.

[Android] Stupid Human Castles - If Tetris had monsters with powers and were attacking human castles. "4/5 - frandroid.com"

Full version and Demo Version available on the Android app store.

#56 valderman   Members   -  Reputation: 512

Posted 05 October 2011 - 05:19 PM

I've been here for, like, forever, but I doubt I've ever made much of an impression. (Except perhaps as "annoying kid who posts too much" - after being away for several years I still have more than 1.3 posts per day!)

#57 Palidine   Members   -  Reputation: 1281

Posted 05 October 2011 - 11:15 PM

Funny this thread is up in the Recent Posts when I think "hey, I haven't posted to gamedev in months...". Awesome to see the old names around. It is CRAZY to think that I joined this site almost 10 years ago. I should come back. Miss this place. It's what got me into the industry.

*nostalga

-me

#58 szecs   Members   -  Reputation: 2185

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:54 AM

10 years on the same site seems so much. I've just joined Gamedev and... wait wut? That was two an a half years ago???

(anyhoo, this 4 weeks off Gamedev seemed longer than the 2.5 years on Gamedev...)

#59 Nathan Handley   Members   -  Reputation: 792

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:32 PM

I can't seem to get away from here.

#60 Programmer One   Members   -  Reputation: 746

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:28 AM

Sup.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS