• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

unable to find glaux.h file etc...

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 nickme   Members   -  Reputation: 205

0Likes

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:54 PM

hi,

i recently discovered NeHe tutorials. i downloaded lesson 1 and it compiled just fine with glut.h instead of gl.h, glu.h and glaux.h. but i ran into trouble when compiling lesson 6. the AUX_RGBImageRec data type is not defined in vc++ 2010 express. and i can not find the above mentioned header files. can you show me where to find those files?
thanks.

Sponsor:

#2 Jesse7   Members   -  Reputation: 154

0Likes

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:08 PM

hi,

i recently discovered NeHe tutorials. i downloaded lesson 1 and it compiled just fine with glut.h instead of gl.h, glu.h and glaux.h. but i ran into trouble when compiling lesson 6. the AUX_RGBImageRec data type is not defined in vc++ 2010 express. and i can not find the above mentioned header files. can you show me where to find those files?
thanks.

You do realize that some of these lessons are around 10 years old. Unless you want to develop legacy applications, you probably want to learn modern OpenGL 3/4. It's true that the abstract concepts are the same as in classic OpenGL, but you will have to relearn how to use the modern API. Personally, I'd rather learn it "right" the first time instead of learning it twice. Check the OpenGL forum in the FAQ for links to learn modern OpenGL. One popular site is arcsynthesis.
Good judgment comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgment.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS