Zombox

Started by
67 comments, last by zombox 11 years, 3 months ago

Click here for the latest post (updated July 7, 2012)

Hi. I'm new here and wanted to show off a game I've been working on.

It's called Zombox and it's an open world zombie sandbox game with a fully destructible environment, vehicles, hundreds of items and weapons and more.

It's being developed with Unity and will eventually be released on iOS as well with Unity's web player.

I post weekly updates on the Zombox devblog, and regular updates to my Youtube channel with progress videos. Here is the latest update video showing improvements to the weapon system as well as a few other things.

zombox_21.jpg

zombox_20.jpg

Advertisement
Did some more work on Zombox this week.

zombox_22.jpg

Improved some of the AI and pathfinding so it works faster on iOS devices with more zombies.

Also improved the physics...objects and zombies can be pushed into water (click this link for a clip of it) and weapons can damage the environment (walls can be broken down, doors can be smashed down, etc.

Here's a clip showing how the pathfinding system updates zombie paths in realtime. New paths are shown in white.

Here's a clip showing a bit of the desctrution system.
I like the cute graphics keep up the good work.
Here's a bit of a behind-the-scenes look at Zombox's object pooling system, which manages to maintain a huge sprawling environment, full of hundreds of destructible objects, on iOS devices with no in-game load times.

Click here for the complete explanation.

zombox_cap_05.jpg
Iiii have no idea what those lazers from the car are (raycasts?) but I can see you did a splendid job with Unity :) Keep at the good work!
Disclaimer: Each my post is intended as an attempt of helping and/or brining some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone, unless stated otherwise

Homepage (Under Construction)

Check my profile for funny D&D/WH FRP quotes :)
Those are just debug lines showing where new zombies are being spawned :)
Graphics remind me of minecraft, I like it :) I'm curious what you use for modeling - Blender, or some proprietary app?

And... any chance of an Android version?
Bart?omiej Sygu?a <><

Private: http://bs502.pl & Business: http://opfront.com

I used 3dsmax for the modelling.

As for an Android version, I don't currently have plans for one, although Unity has Android support....so if there's enough demand, I might port a version for it.
Character customizations have been added to Zombox. The main character can now be dressed in various clothes, including over 60 hats, shirts and pants. Each clothing item provides a unique bonus to the character's stats. Some items provide extra armor, some provide extra hit points, some increase speed, some increase the chances to land a critical hit, some increase attack and others regenerate health.

The clothing items, like all items in the game, can be found throughout the world.

Click here to watch a video of the clothing system in action!

zombox_23.jpg
More updates have been made to Zombox!

-been working on building interiors...about half of the interior models are complete

-controls added to allow the player to rotate the camera

-doors must now be manually opened/closed

zombox_24sm.jpg

zombox_cap_06.jpg

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement