• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

Zombox

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
68 replies to this topic

#21 Urled   Members   -  Reputation: 120

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:18 PM

Very cool. I also make zombies games. My favorite genre. I think this will be very cool. I love the graphics, violence, smashable environment.
Too bad I only have PC. THis sems like a game right up my alley.:(

Sponsor:

#22 zombox   Members   -  Reputation: 136

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:42 AM

Very cool. I also make zombies games. My favorite genre. I think this will be very cool. I love the graphics, violence, smashable environment.
Too bad I only have PC. THis sems like a game right up my alley.:(

It'll be playable in your browser with Unity's web player as well :)

#23 zombox   Members   -  Reputation: 136

Posted 10 December 2011 - 03:21 AM

Lots of new Zombox updates this week!

Here's a sample of the changes:

-broken bridges, dead end streets and building fences added to the environment.
-lots of new items added to the world, including rotten/fresh food items, ripped/clean clothing items. The stats of each item is dependent on its quality. A rotten apple, for example, will not replenish as much HP as a fresh one. The game now features over 650 unique items to find and purchase.
-eating/drinking functionality has been added to the inventory panel, and animations corresponding to each action are triggered when you feed your character
-stats are displayed in numeric form in the inventory window
-an HP bar pops up momentarily for anything (props or zombies) damaged in the world, so you can see how many hit points it has left
-the main character now gets bloody when injured.

Here are some images and an animated .gif showing these new features:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#24 zombox   Members   -  Reputation: 136

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:48 AM

More updates to Zombox this week!

-XP system
-Medkits/ammo items
-inventory GUI updated to show ammo counters

Here are two .gif animations and an image showcasing the above changes:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#25 HahaYouAint   Members   -  Reputation: 154

Posted 18 December 2011 - 04:19 PM

This would probably be the only zombie game I'd ever want to play. Do you get money for killing the zombies too?

Game Music Life

Because Game Music Is Life

#26 zombox   Members   -  Reputation: 136

Posted 18 December 2011 - 04:21 PM

This would probably be the only zombie game I'd ever want to play. Do you get money for killing the zombies too?

That's precisely where the money comes from :)

#27 HahaYouAint   Members   -  Reputation: 154

Posted 18 December 2011 - 09:35 PM

That's precisely where the money comes from :)

A man after my own heart, you are.

Game Music Life

#28 zombox   Members   -  Reputation: 136

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:31 AM

Plenty of new updates to Zombox over the last couple of weeks.

The zombie AI system was completely re-hauled. Instead of having perfect knowledge of the player's whereabouts, zombie intelligence is now sight/sound based. Zombies won't attack targets unless they can see them, and will wander towards nearby sounds. This means you can do things like distract zombies with sound while heading in an opposite direction, or sneak up on zombies from behind. Zombies will also try to break down the doors of a building if they feel there is a viable target inside.

Zombie swarming was also greatly improved to prevent pesky zombie-to-zombie, zombie-to-player and zombie-to-prop intersections.

Other improvements to the game involve preventing weapons from being able to hit zombies/props through walls, and adding an in-icon ammo counter for active items.

Here are some .gifs showcasing some of the above changes to the game. The first two animated .gifs show zombies chasing the player and breaking down the doors of the building the player is inside. The third .gif shows some of the improved swarming (sped up to 200%), and the fourth .gif shows the active item ammo counters (as well as what happens to the icon when the player runs out of ammo).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#29 zombox   Members   -  Reputation: 136

Posted 21 January 2012 - 02:13 AM

Zombox now features building construction!

Players can now create their own fortifications for fending off the zombie attacks.

Also, I'm working on implementing a crafting system, so players can use debris found throughout the world to construct the objects necessary to create walls and doorways.

Click here to read more about the latest changes on the devblog. Or, view the following animations to see the building system in action!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#30 AlanSmithee   Members   -  Reputation: 1007

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:47 AM

This game just keeps getting better and better =)

When are you planning on releasing it?

#31 zombox   Members   -  Reputation: 136

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:33 PM

Hopefully in May!

#32 zombox   Members   -  Reputation: 136

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:11 AM

More updates to Zombox this week!

New weapons can be crafted, building supplies can be gathered from fallen debris, the construction tool has been updated with repair/destroy models, and new particle effects have been added.

Watch this video to see all the new features!:

Posted Image

#33 AlanSmithee   Members   -  Reputation: 1007

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:36 AM

Another great update! ^_^

#34 zombox   Members   -  Reputation: 136

Posted 04 February 2012 - 04:48 AM

This week's Zombox update:

- more craftable items! Pipe bombs, molotovs, crossbows with explosive and flammable projectiles, and more!

Here's a .gif showing the molotov in action.

Here's a .gif showing the fire bow in action.

Here's a .gif showing the pipe bomb in action.

Here's a .gif showing the boom bow in action.

- now you can barricade doorways! Barricading a door gives it some extra HP, which makes it harder for zombies to knock it down. Here's a .gif showing the player barricading some doors.

- a new food system requires the player to eat at regular intervals, to prevent starvation. Here's what the food notification icon looks like (top right corner):

Posted Image

#35 HahaYouAint   Members   -  Reputation: 154

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:23 AM

Zombox is still going strong I see. I love the new updates. I think it's so cool that you can craft and make new weapons.

Game Music Life

#36 NGB_82   Members   -  Reputation: 142

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:17 PM

Wow this game looks fantastic! Any plans on a multiplayer/PvP aspect?

#37 zombox   Members   -  Reputation: 136

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:50 PM

No current plans for multiplayer...maybe in the future though!

#38 zombox   Members   -  Reputation: 136

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:14 AM

New updates to Zombox this week!

The world now features an elaborate, underground sewer system that you can explore by entering/exiting various manholes throughout the city. The sewer system features shops, medic stations, etc, and will eventually be filled with NPCs -- the remaining survivors of the apocalypse -- who you'll be able to interact with.

Here's the overall layout of the 3 main sewers (the largest one is still a work-in-progress):

Posted Image

Here's a .gif showing the player entering a sewer, looking around a bit, and then exiting:

Posted Image

#39 zombox   Members   -  Reputation: 136

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:59 AM

This week's addition to Zombox: NPCs!

Posted Image

NPCs can work with you, or attack you, depending on how you treat them.

Here's a more in-depth description of all the new NPC features.

#40 Francois Soft   Members   -  Reputation: 130

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:42 AM

Looks cool. Kind of reminds me of Paper Mario but with blood.

Nerd's Quote: "If you stare at a computer for 5 minutes you might be a nerdneck!"
FrancoisSoft: http://www.codeloader.us

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS