• Create Account

Best Source for Side Scrolling Game Sprites?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 KingLuke24   Members   -  Reputation: 133

0Likes

Posted 23 October 2011 - 05:16 PM

I'm working on a side scrolling Legend of Zelda fan game. Not looking for profit, just for experience and to show off my talents. I've never really delved that deep into the 2D game world, but I'm gonna try it out and see how it goes. I need to know if there is a particular source that would be good for finding backgrounds/assets/sprites for a side scroller. I already have my Link sprite, a Zelda sprite (Zelda will be a playable character) and a few backgrounds. But nothing to make the complete game like I plan. Any good advice/recommendations? (Also, any other advice as far as considering side scrollers would be appreciated). Thank you in advance. :)

LegendOfZeldaTitleScreen.jpg

Here is an example of the art for the game
<----HammerTime!!!---->

Sponsor:

#2 freeworld   Members   -  Reputation: 325

0Likes

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:59 PM

does anyone ever read the top of the forums?
[ dev journal ]
[ current projects' videos ]
[ Zolo Project ]
I'm not mean, I just like to get to the point.

#3 KingLuke24   Members   -  Reputation: 133

0Likes

Posted 24 October 2011 - 01:30 PM

what are you saying?
<----HammerTime!!!---->

#4 Kryzon   Prime Members   -  Reputation: 2475

0Likes

Posted 24 October 2011 - 02:24 PM

He meant the sticky threads of the Visual Arts forum. Look for a " Free 2D/3D art assets '09! " sticky.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS