I am writing a script at the moment, which would be developed for the PC/PS3 and XBOX 360, nothing else. If I keep at the storyline
it would be completed one day down the track, depending on whether or not it's worth it and if someone and or company wants to be a part of it.
Here's the ideas that I own and is written by me so far, feel free to pass on some feeback, if not criticism as well:
© ARCHETYPES ©GAME TYPE: First Person
PLOT: Future/Past Related
My eyes begin to fixate and focus on what they see…
I’m on a darkened freeway, of desolate proportions…
Everything is dead-still around me, apart from the wind that’s blowing. Cars are in rubble and in complete ruin, buses and trains are demolished. The highway is ripped and torn apart…all of this is surrounding me, and there’s not a person in sight. Almost as if an asteroid has hit and wiped everything and everyone out. But how did I survive if that happened?
I shake my head…
There are jolts of electricity around me surging from power lines flowing loose in the breeze. I notice this as my eyes quickly flicker from left to right failing to focus due to the sights that are to be seen.
Preparing to take a deep breath, I close my eyes, breathe out, and then reopen them to offer some relief. My eyes are focusing better now.
I stand up and I look ahead…
There’s a city skyline in the distance…and it is so vast and so vibrant in colour and light, it is unbelievable, yet so far away.
Grasping reality…I now know that I am somewhere in the future.
The city looks devastated in areas. Lights are shimmering away in the gaps between buildings, and as I focus my eyes towards the light, I can actually see the concrete cascading away like dust through the glow.
Where am I? Am I dreaming? Is this all real?
I look up…
The sky has a red gloom to it amongst the blackness. A glint of blue that’s shining from the streetlights lead a visible path all the way along the demolished freeway to the city, lit only just enough to see the metropolis in the distance.
I look down for the first time…
I am covered in a hi-tech armour. Lights are shining bright off my shoulders accompanied with a heavy weight feeling, leading all the way down to my spine. I reach around to feel what is strapped to me, and it appears to be some type of sword.
I grab it and bring it to my field of vision; it’s coated in lights around the area of the handle, and the blade is completely transparent, crystal clear, like see-through glass. There is a flashing button on the side the handle gleaming at me. I press it...
My jaw drops, and I lose the plot for a moment in complete awe as the blade illuminates in an epic manner. I press the button again quickly, which then retracts all the attention grabbing me.
I try to focus with my mind running at a million miles a minute. My heart is beating like it’s about to erupt.
I sense a small smile on my face and a moment of comfort, but still, why do Ihave it? Who gave it to me? Why am I dressed like a soldier of war?
Surely something has happened to me along the line? Last but not least, if I have been given this equipment, someone has to be out there, somewhere, to tell me why?
I look at my arm now…
There is something pulsing statically, vibrating and buzzing away at me. It appears to be another visible button. I take a deep breath and activate it.
A holographic display appears from my arm with images of the city. The indicators are highlighting a beacon flashing away inside a skyscraper that is of mammoth proportions. Pressing the button again, the images disappear, and I try to focus…
If I head towards the city, dodging all the hurdles of this broken freeway ahead of me and whatever comes along with it, maybe I will find out what has happened in lead up towards this awakening.
I begin to stride forward towards the light in search of some answers, with what I have strapped to me as my only protection…
CHARACTER RELATED· The player’s character is fitted with a futuristic suit sporting an indicator, which leads them towards the things they need to find in order to progress through the game.
· Combat would not be on a ‘massive’ scale at first, but exploration itself will be massive all the way throughout the game.
· Combat would undertake when getting close to where the player needs to go to progress,but also along the way via hidden paths from the freeway, depending on the area and part of the game as well.
· Stealth options would be available, a cloak device as well.
· The exploration of the game will be at the player’s choice.
· Many different paths can be found by the player, and usage of the items attained along the way can give the player ideas of where to go, for alternate options.
· You can collect items along the way, for use, trade or sale, even upgrade.
· Once too many items are accumulated, items will have to be sold or discarded.
· The character will come across people they can relate to from memory, to remind them slowly of what and why this has happened to them.
ENEMIES· Certain human ‘scout’ groups will be freely roaming around in areas, fitted in armour sporting laser rifles/pistols.
· Enemy groups would become larger and more difficult throughout the game, and split upto hunt the player down if they aren’t taken care of at first.
· After a certain period of exploration in the game, once the player has made it to the city and found out new things, they will find a new breed of enemy, which will be mutant based and fierce.
WEAPONS/EQUIPMENT· The player starts off with the hi-tech sword and suit, fitted with a hi-tech shoulderlamps/flashlight on both sides.
· Once on the move and on the way to the city, they will be able to obtain a laser pistol from defeated guard/scout groups. This weapon runs on charge, and may have to be discarded for another along the way, or revert back to the sword.
· A laser rifle will become available when the player finally has reached a closer vicinity to the city. Also runs on charge, same as the pistol.
· A long the way, plasma grenades, smoke grenades, and flash grenades will become available. Land plasma mines can be collected as well. Plasma ‘netting’ will be cloaked, and can be set between paths, and are able to be detonated at the player’s option.
· When the player takes out the main guards at either one of the city entrances, a personal shield will become available to them, which can be activated by a button.
POWERS· Once the player reaches the city and the location marked on the beacon, they find a person from the past who gives them an idea of why they are there.
· This then leads to the player developing a power, ‘storm’.
· Further down the track, they develop ‘fire, wind and earth’ related powers.
· Closer towards the end, the player commandeers the ‘destruction’ power, which moulds all four powers into one, and harvests nothing but complete devastation upon attackers and areas when activated.
© ARCHETYPES ©
By TIM LAW