• Create Account

Game programming vs Girls

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
29 replies to this topic

#1 JustinDaniel   Members   -  Reputation: 137

Posted 30 October 2011 - 12:48 AM

I know this sounds a bit awkward, But it's true for me that i always get distracted. Well i'm 18 and its common that i am in love with a girl, I am too crazy about her that i can't even program properly, It's too complicated when girls are in something. The problem is i haven't got to talk with her, I keep thinking about her and it's like whenever i try to program or think about ideas of making a game, She pops up like a angel into my mind and i completely stop all the work and go to my Dream land. It's too absurd, i have tried everything not too but yeah it always happens.
Right now i just cant think of anything and i am still doubtful that im posting this now.
Is this happened to any of you guys? If so what you did to keep her out of mind when programming.
I know this is funny, But i would bet it would have happened to someone who is a "Teen".

Sponsor:

#2 dpadam450   Members   -  Reputation: 884

Posted 30 October 2011 - 12:52 AM

Well I guess you could make a 3D model of her? Share both worlds.

#3 JustinDaniel   Members   -  Reputation: 137

Posted 30 October 2011 - 12:56 AM

Well I guess you could make a 3D model of her? Share both worlds.

Wish i was a great artist, You know.

#4 dpadam450   Members   -  Reputation: 884

Posted 30 October 2011 - 01:18 AM

Probably a bad idea, you'd probably go all DOA beach volleyball and exaggerate some proportions and that would be the end of it.

#5 JustinDaniel   Members   -  Reputation: 137

Posted 30 October 2011 - 01:24 AM

I met her at a coffee shop, She's not far from my house. But i would love if she was my 3D model posing for a beach volley ball game. Haha.

#6 dpadam450   Members   -  Reputation: 884

Posted 30 October 2011 - 01:37 AM

"Honey I would love to put you in my game but videogames chicks well......we gotta put some money into "those" and go to the leather shop."

#7 rouncer   Members   -  Reputation: 291

Posted 30 October 2011 - 02:41 AM

what makes more sense, the computer or your girlfriend?

#8 JustinDaniel   Members   -  Reputation: 137

Posted 30 October 2011 - 03:10 AM

Unfortunately i can't figure that out, or i wouldn't be posting here. :-(

#9 SteveDeFacto   Banned   -  Reputation: 109

Posted 30 October 2011 - 03:44 AM

I know this sounds a bit awkward, But it's true for me that i always get distracted. Well i'm 18 and its common that i am in love with a girl, I am too crazy about her that i can't even program properly, It's too complicated when girls are in something. The problem is i haven't got to talk with her, I keep thinking about her and it's like whenever i try to program or think about ideas of making a game, She pops up like a angel into my mind and i completely stop all the work and go to my Dream land. It's too absurd, i have tried everything not too but yeah it always happens.
Right now i just cant think of anything and i am still doubtful that im posting this now.
Is this happened to any of you guys? If so what you did to keep her out of mind when programming.
I know this is funny, But i would bet it would have happened to someone who is a "Teen".

I wasted a good two years in a state like you described. Eventually the girl ended up cheating on me with some fat dude she met on the internet. In the end I've come to realize after it's all said and done my computer will always be there for me but women will not.

#10 Spanish Lizard   Members   -  Reputation: 103

Posted 30 October 2011 - 03:49 AM

pretty sure computers, being 100% logical, make more sense than anyone human mind that is not perfectly logical and is also fallible. Computers are also fallible to a sense, but not in the same manner as people are.

#11 JustinDaniel   Members   -  Reputation: 137

Posted 30 October 2011 - 08:20 AM

I wasted a good two years in a state like you described. Eventually the girl ended up cheating on me with some fat dude she met on the internet. In the end I've come to realize after it's all said and done my computer will always be there for me but women will not.

Aw, That's so sad, I'm sorry, But i'd bet that girl was worth shit. No offense, But dude you gotta have a life not just sit on the computer all day and be a ComputerTard! Just saying. If not that girl there are many girls out there for you. ;) Never lose your hope like you do in programming :D

#12 DarklyDreaming   Members   -  Reputation: 363

Posted 30 October 2011 - 08:32 AM

I don't know if I'm supposed to take this seriously, but seriously...
Posted Image

There is about zero things in your way of programming and having a life.
"I will personally burn everything I've made to the fucking ground if I think I can catch them in the flames."
~ Gabe

"I don't mean to rush you but you are keeping two civilizations waiting!"
~ Cavil, BSG.
"If it's really important to you that other people follow your True Brace Style, it just indicates you're inexperienced. Go find something productive to do."
~ Bregma

"Well, you're not alone.

There's a club for people like that. It's called Everybody and we meet at the bar."

~ Antheus

#13 way2lazy2care   Members   -  Reputation: 782

Posted 30 October 2011 - 12:46 PM

Posted Image

There is about zero things in your way of programming and having a life.

Pretty much this in most cases.

Since you are 18 though, spend a few whole days with her. After that you will either thank god that you have some time off to program or you will be broken up. Either way your problem is solved!

#14 KanonBaum   Members   -  Reputation: 277

Posted 30 October 2011 - 02:14 PM

Posted Image
There is about zero things in your way of programming and

having a life.

Posted Image
I'm that imaginary number in the parabola of life.

#15 Ravyne   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 7116

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:46 AM

Talk to the girl and get it over with. No sense wasting time thinking about a gal that may not be interested, so find out one way or the other. In any case, then you can stop being such a mook. Make time for both, and don't mix the two.

In college, I found the girls I was chasing to be far more distracting than the ones I had. Girls will need their space too, you know. If she's interested, she'll be glad you don't want to spend 24/7 with her (unless she's crazy, then run), and will be glad that you've got a productive persuit in you off time.

If you reach that stage, and still find her to be a distraction, then I repeat: stop being a mook -- the problem is you.

#16 m3rlino   Members   -  Reputation: 219

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:02 AM

I think Ravyne caught the point. I read a book about the power of the mind. Answer yourself this sentence:

What do you really want?

Distraction and lack of concentration problably is showing you that you may be afraid of something you are doing in your life, maybe you are afraid that you aren't able to program, maybe you are afraid of the future, so your mind is trying to keep you far from a potential problem. You will become a better person when you will be able to control your feelings. I'm saying you that my i'm not able myself to control my feeling and emotions, but the most important part is to think you can, everything will succed if you think like that.

Well, in life there will be a lot of situations like this one, now it's a girl, in the future it will be the son, then buying a house. I wish you good luck with both girls and games :)
Evil bay - Our new game at FourLeafGames! (Link to the game)
Link to our web site! Leave a message if you like it! - Web site

#17 J-dog   Members   -  Reputation: 120

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:28 AM

Ahhh, young love! If you think this is bad, wait till she tears your heart out. When my first girlfriend broke up with me, it was probably the most counter-productive time of my life! I spent about six months of my life writing emotional blog entries, wearing black and failing at everything constructive I attempted. Yuck!

Just give it some time, your hormones will eventually level out and you'll learn to appreciate time apart too. I have been with my current girlfriend for just over two years - wonderful as she is, I have had to learn to balance things out. Initially, we even had fights about it and she told me to get a puppy. These days I have learnt to appreciate my computer at times. For instance, I never have to be jealous of my computer - it never gets hit on by strange men, despite being a downright sexy beast in its own right!

Although quite frankly, leading a balanced life is always going to be something that requires some deliberate planning and discipline. That goes for all of us. Godspeed! :D

#18 demonkoryu   Members   -  Reputation: 976

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:45 AM

Men are notoriously bad at multitasking, and there is no way to ignore girls while they occupy your thoughts, and still come out sane. Pick your priorities and work them down in order; one after another.

#19 JustinDaniel   Members   -  Reputation: 137

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:04 AM

Damn, Thanks guys , I know problem is by my side but i wanted to know what you guys did when you were at this problem. Anyways, I just talked with her, Ironically we're just friends, She doesn't know that i have a crush on her, Well soon i'd be telling that to her. :D ( I hope so )

P.S My hormones are raging.

#20 FlyingDutchman   Members   -  Reputation: 207

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:04 AM

don't wait too long to tell her, and don't be afraid of getting rejected. that happens to everybody :-)

I open sourced my C++/iOS OpenGL 2D RPG engine :-)

See my blog: (Tutorials and GameDev)

http://howtomakeitin....wordpress.com/

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS