• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

We're also offering banner ads on our site from just $5! 1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Creative Commons licensed sprites

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 The Fat Controller   Members   -  Reputation: 100

0Likes

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:45 PM

Hi,

I'm developing a minigame for iOS. The bulk of the graphics I'm using are by various artists - all of the sprites are licensed under Creative Commons Attribution licenses (such as http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/us/).

My question is what the best way of crediting the authors would be. For instance, should I include links to the specific licenses the stuff is under, or would that only be necessary if I were redistributing the spritesheets on their own?

My plan was only to include the names/handles of the artists and a brief description of what they contributed on an "about" page. I'm not sure if that would be sufficient though.

Thanks in advance Posted Image

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS