Gideros Studio

Started by
0 comments, last by acetin 12 years, 5 months ago
I'm just getting into game programming and I'm interested mainly in Android. For the past couple of weeks I've been poking my nose into various engines and libraries trying to find something good. I settled on libgdx, and I've been working through the tutorials for the last few days.

Then I was looking a texture packing tool for libgdx and it said it was also compatible with Gideros. What the heck is Gideros? I went to their website and it looks really interesting. It's still in beta, so I'm not too surprised I hadn't heard of it yet. It's supposed to be an IDE for games for Android and iOS. Free with a splash screen when game starts up. I guess there will be a paid version that removes the splash screen when it comes out of beta.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it was any good. Have you heard anything about it? I don't want to invest a lot of time with it and then find out it's crap. I already started learning libgdx, so I'm not sure I want to abandon it for Gideros just yet.
Advertisement
Hi,

I'm one of the developers of Gideros Studio. We're actively developing it and also getting very good feedback. Also we have an active forum (http://www.giderosmobile.com/forum/) and many people contributes it. It comes with a good IDE and allows you test your game on real devices instantly through wifi.

Please download it, look at the examples and read some documentation. I'm sure you'll like it :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement