• Create Account

Solid Java 2D Library?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Moonkis   Members   -  Reputation: 272

0Likes

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:02 PM

Me and my friend are thinking of stating to make 2D Games using Java.
We have searched the interwebz for some solid librarys. We have found "Slick", based on JWGL.

But we wanted to ask the more experienced users surgestion for a good solid, easy to use 2D Library that is well wiedly used so that it's easy to get support.

Kind regards Moonkis <3

Sponsor:

#2 IceBreaker23   Members   -  Reputation: 601

0Likes

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:42 AM

Me and my friend are thinking of stating to make 2D Games using Java.
We have searched the interwebz for some solid librarys. We have found "Slick", based on JWGL.

But we wanted to ask the more experienced users surgestion for a good solid, easy to use 2D Library that is well wiedly used so that it's easy to get support.

Kind regards Moonkis <3

for what do you want to use an extern lib? awt/swt is just doing its job fine. you can make a window, show images, animated them, rotate them, etc.
for a simple java game without shadows etc. you dont need any extern lib. if u really want to use lights, shadows and other highlevel effects jogl(open gl for java) will do just fine.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS