• Create Account

Indie 2D Sidescrolling RPG

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
25 replies to this topic

#1 M.D. Crow   Members   -  Reputation: 365

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:14 AM

Team Name

Tradnux Game Studio

Posted Image

Project:

Posted Image

Compensation:
I'm just going to say it. We are a new team. There is no promise of compensation. Let me explain. More than we want money, we want people to play our game. So, if our game can make it in the commercial world, there will be money involved. We hope it can, but if it can't, we will release it for free. This might make some people turn away, but those of you who aren't about money, and are more about creating a great game, this team is for you. Don't get me wrong. Money is important, but it is NOT the driving force of this team. Experience, Teamwork, Great Games is what this team is all about. We won't make people pay for a great game, and we certainly won't make people pay for a lousy game, but for a game that is more than great, I believe that people will want to pay for it, and support our team in doing so. Posted Image

A little bit about the game (most things are being kept underwraps though):

Game Features:
Fully Customizable Characters, Non-Linear Gameplay, Many Weapons, Skill/Stat Defined Classes, Lively NPCs, Banks, Trade Crafts (Mining, Hunting, etc.), Accessible Buildings, Character Mounts, Deep Dungeons, Day/Night Cycles and Weather Cycles, Beautiful Visuals and Sounds, and Much More.....

Screenshots:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Map:

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Team Personel

Lead Developer/Lead Artist
Teej DeCroix

Composer/Game Director
M.D. Crow

Other Filled Positions on the Team:
Story Writer/World Designer, Quest Designer, Creature Designer, Concept Artist, and Sound Designers

Positions NEEDING to be filled (No payment promised, Compensation=Credit):

On the Design Team (Story, Concept, Gameplay):

Game Designers: Ones to design gameplay and concepts, how the game is played, unique features in the game, and the overall flow of the game. A lot of features in the game have already been designed. You will need to work with these and finalize them. You should be creative and dedicated, with many ideas about gameplay.
*Designers are encouraged to mention examples of their past work experience, but are required to send the corresponding template (filled out) with their application. The corresponding template can be found in the PDF attached to this post.

Also, you see the "*" followed by text. This describes what you are required to send with your application. You must do this. If you do not, your application will be counted as void. If we do not see it in the application, we will notify you by email and tell you to send it. If it isn't here by the deadline, you will NOT be recruited. It's a requirement. SEND IT! (If you are applying for a non-art design position, please be sure print off the template attached).

HOW TO APPLY:
READ CAREFULLY: If you have any of the skills mentioned above, we encourage you to apply. How do you apply? We have a specific online application for you to fill out. You need to fill all of the required fields, and submit the application if you wish to be considered. There are no other ways to be considered as an applicant. For all positions, applications will be accepted until Monday, January 9, 2012. We encourage you to send your application before the selected deadline. Click here to access the application. We will review all applications on the date of the deadline, and you will be notified the following day. You will only be notified if you have been chosen for the team. If you were not notified/chosen, you’re application will be kept on file for reference in case we need your skills in the future.

Game Website:
http://eventide-rpg.info

Contact Info:
If you have any questions, please fill out an application. There is a field for comments and requests for more info. If you do not wish for your application to count or if you are just leaving a question/comment, please check "Please, count my application as void." We WILL respond. Thanks.

Post with care! Posted Image
We will return periodically to check this thread, and answer any questions you might have posted here. Thank You!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tradnux Game Studio

Posted Image

Attached Files

Sponsor:

#2 M.D. Crow   Members   -  Reputation: 365

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:40 AM

Post Updated:

Compensation statement was added.

Deadline was extended to Thursday, Dec. 8, 2011

#3 M.D. Crow   Members   -  Reputation: 365

Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:51 AM

Future Producer applicants, please read.
Keep all applications coming.
Thanks.

#4 M.D. Crow   Members   -  Reputation: 365

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:16 PM

Just a reminder:
If you are interested in helping with this project, you still have a little more time. The last day to apply is this coming Wednesday. At Midnight, Thursday morning, we will no longer be taking applications. There is a chance that the deadline will be extended once more if we don't have plenty of applicants.
Also, if you are applying for the producer position, you are required to take part in an interview. Please in one of the comment text areas include a time (before Saturday, the 10th) that you can meet with us over the phone or IM. Thank you.

#5 M.D. Crow   Members   -  Reputation: 365

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:12 AM

Be sure to get your applications in today. It's the last to do so. Thanks.

#6 Bentm's Games   Members   -  Reputation: 88

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:01 AM

Hey, that is slot like my game ideas ! Except
Mine wasn't gonna be 2d, but borderline 3d! I'm only 11, which means i Sony be able to work with you, but if
I was alittle older,
I
Would totally apply for
A job there

#7 M.D. Crow   Members   -  Reputation: 365

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:26 AM

@Bentm's Games
I don't believe we have a real age limit. We encourage everyone to apply.

The deadline has been extended to Dec. 18.

#8 M.D. Crow   Members   -  Reputation: 365

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:02 PM

Ok! So, a lot of changes have been made. Our deadline is now changed to January 1, 2012. That should be enough time for everyone who wants to apply to apply. Also we have added a couple more open positions (Creature Designer and Concept Artist). We are now requiring you to send stuff with your applications. A design template has been made for each design position, and aSo, be sure to get your applications sent in. Let me remind all of you that "Design" positions are not "Art" Positions. The "Concept Art" position is a mixture of Art and Design. It is currently the only position we are recruiting for in the art department. Thank you.

#9 diddykonga   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 18 December 2011 - 02:48 AM

If you dont mind me asking what kind of technology you are using for the game?

#10 M.D. Crow   Members   -  Reputation: 365

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:33 PM

Update: A mistake had been made in the concept art requirement section. You can do your map by hand, but you may do it by other means (like a computer program).

@diddykonga
We aren't currently telling the technology we are using. Some things are decided, but many things still have to be decided. As of now, we are really looking at the game as an idea. We aren't currently focussing on the technical things. Rest assured! Once strong plans have been made, we will announce it on here. To somewhat answer your question, we are using some in-house software for animation, hopefully. The sound fonts for the music are completely original and in-house as well, but will be applied in a MIDI music writing program (not FLStudio, nor in-house). Also, we are hoping to integrate Yoyo Game's Game Maker into the mix (GML). I hope that somewhat answers your question.

#11 M.D. Crow   Members   -  Reputation: 365

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:43 PM

Just a reminder that the application deadline ends on New Years day. Please don't wait to submit your application.

#12 M.D. Crow   Members   -  Reputation: 365

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:20 AM

If you wish to help us with Eventide, you have a total of four days to apply. Please, do so quickly!
Thanks, and if we have to extend the deadline further once more due to lack of response in some areas, we may just go ahead and fill some positions, and then fill the rest the following week.

#13 unicornsquid   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:03 AM

Hey I would like to help, but the application page doesn't have an option available so I can submit. Or at least, not an obvious one.

#14 M.D. Crow   Members   -  Reputation: 365

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:32 AM

Well, There are two web forms on that page. The Application and Application repeal form. I'm starting to realize that the repeal form was a very bad idea. This is because
People fill out the right application and scroll to the bottom and hit the wrong submit button. That being said, I will try my best to get the repeal form deleted. Our lead developer runs the websites, and he's been really hard to get ahold of lately. It's the holidays after all. I must've requested him to change the Deadline on the that page 5 times. And now the website is down. That makes me a little angry. Why is it down? UGH! People need to apply, and they can't if the sites down. I'll contact the lead dev. and see if he knows. In the meantime, thank you for your interest in this project. When the site's back up, try to apply. The submit button is below the captcha. It say's, "SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION!!!!"

Thank you

#15 M.D. Crow   Members   -  Reputation: 365

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:35 AM

Ok the links have been changed. So, you shouldn't have a problem applying anymore. Posted Image

To apply click here!

#16 unicornsquid   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:30 PM

Thanks.

#17 M.D. Crow   Members   -  Reputation: 365

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:24 AM

Ok we still need Gameplay, UI, and Puzzle Designers. So, you have until Monday to apply. If you have an interest in any of these roles, please apply.

#18 GameCodingNinja   Members   -  Reputation: 162

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:42 AM

Is this a PC game? Web game? Flash game? Just curious.

As a humorous side note. When I saw you listing application deadlines for project members, I knew you would be continually pushing the deadline dates back. Can't use that tactic here. All you can do is keep asking for specific positions to be filled and hope that they are.

#19 M.D. Crow   Members   -  Reputation: 365

Posted 07 January 2012 - 10:21 AM

It's difficult to tell right now, but I'm going to say the platform we will definitely release it for is the PC, and probably the Mac as well.

Yeah, the deadlines are mainly for me to know when I'd like for these positions to be filled. For instance I'd really like for the design team to be completely formed by Tuesday. Will this happen? Maybe. Maybe not, but I try. Thus, I'll keep making changes/updates to the original post and try again.

FYI: Starting tomorrow, we will have a new application period. We will be recruiting Artists/Animators and Programmers to the team. This period will end mid-February. This thread will be updated to fit. PM me for more info.

#20 M.D. Crow   Members   -  Reputation: 365

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:56 PM

Hello, still looking for the following positions:

Game Designers
UI Designer
Puzzle Designer

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS