• Create Account

Memoleaks

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
7 replies to this topic

#1 Fatarobot   Banned   -  Reputation: 104

0Likes

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:39 PM

I was asked to complete an application in which there was a memory leak in several places.Previous developer was very stupid. I did everything perfectly,Posted Image but now I'm wondering what else there is utility to monitor memory leaks? Now I only know about vingrad. But it does not suit me. Who uses what? Advise me!Posted Image
Thank you.Posted Image

Sponsor:

#2 SimonForsman   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 5721

1Likes

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:30 PM

I was asked to complete an application in which there was a memory leak in several places.Previous developer was very stupid. I did everything perfectly,Posted Image but now I'm wondering what else there is utility to monitor memory leaks? Now I only know about vingrad. But it does not suit me. Who uses what? Advise me!Posted Image
Thank you.Posted Image

I use valgrind, but its Linux only, something like IBMs Rational Purify should work really well though and i think the non free versions of visual studio might have something built in these days. (Not sure about express)
I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

#3 ColinDuquesnoy   Members   -  Reputation: 1060

1Likes

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:51 PM

Under VIsual Studio, I personnaly use visual leak detector.

#4 Fatarobot   Banned   -  Reputation: 104

0Likes

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:54 PM

Thank you.Posted Image

I use valgrind, but its Linux only, something like IBMs Rational Purify should work really well though and i think the non free versions of visual studio might have something built in these days. (Not sure about express)

Thank you, but I use windowsPosted Image. I found 2 programs: visual leak detector and deleaker.The last is the most powerful, but it is paid. I'm thinking - is it worth buying it?Posted Image can advise me something free?

Thanks to allPosted Image

#5 Pasparty   Members   -  Reputation: 118

1Likes

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:41 PM

try deleaker - powerful tool :)

#6 Fatarobot   Banned   -  Reputation: 104

0Likes

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:41 PM

try deleaker - powerful tool Posted Image

thanks Posted Image interesting tool

#7 Juls Smile   Members   -  Reputation: 102

1Likes

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:03 PM

As for me, I likedeleakerbecauseit showswhere theleakis еxactly(stackwith theleakPosted Image Posted Image Posted Image ).For windowsit is a goodinstrument.Aboutvalgrind- alsoan excellent program, but notfor windowsPosted ImagePosted Image

#8 Fatarobot   Banned   -  Reputation: 104

0Likes

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:52 PM

Thanks to all for responses Posted Image

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS