• Create Account

Is there a Firefox addon that allows me to do this?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 ManaStone   Members   -  Reputation: 148

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:20 AM

Is there any Firefox add-on that allows me to create different users and lets me have separate cookies for each user? I created my Youtube account with a different email than my gmail account a while back and now I can't be auto logged in to both at the same time. It would be so much easier if I could just switch users and automatically load in different cookies associated with that user as if I created a different windows account. Is there any add-on that already exists for Firefox that allows me to do this?
-----------------------------Download my real time 3D RPG.

Sponsor:

#2 TheUnbeliever   Members   -  Reputation: 961

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:27 AM

If Google is your specific problem, they do now allow you to login to and switch between multiple accounts. There are some restrictions to this (Google Docs doesn't seem to quite play along) but YouTube, Calendar, Mail all allow you to click on your username at the top right and click 'switch account'.
[TheUnbeliever]

#3 ManaStone   Members   -  Reputation: 148

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:29 AM

Ok nevermind, I searched a little harder and I think I found something called cookieswap. I'm sorry for making an unnecessary post.
-----------------------------Download my real time 3D RPG.

#4 Antheus   Members   -  Reputation: 2397

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:49 AM

Profiles.

I created my Youtube account with a different email than my gmail account a while back and now I can't be auto logged in to both at the same time.

Flash has its own cookies. It shouldn't cause problems as such, but it is a privacy issue, since those cookies aren't deleted by browser and exist independently. Youtube uses it for quite effective tracking, for example.

#5 ChurchSkiz   Members   -  Reputation: 446

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:01 AM

Another option is to use multiple profiles of FF. Both my wife and I have 2 separate links on the desktop to profiles. One link is "my" firefox profile and one link is "hers". It keeps us from having to log out and back in of FB and other sites.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS