Veteran Programmer looking for work

Started by
12 comments, last by Kirb 12 years, 1 month ago
[font=Arial]Name: Jonathon Davis
Expected Compensation: I'm looking for paid projects only or if it's a small project I'd be willing to work for profit sharing
Contact Information: [email="jonathon7989@hotmail.com"]jonathon7989@hotmail.com[/email]
Previous Projects:

I have 14 years experience with C++, 3 years C#, 3 years of Java and 3 years of Objective C. I've worked for Fujitsu for the last three years as an Embedded Engineer on many serious projects. I've launched two of my own video games and getting ready to launch two more. I've made a few of my own multi-platform engines that were used in these projects. As of three days ago I finished my contract with Fujitsu. I'm currently looking for more work and would love to work with you. Below are links to these games. This is all that I could dig up. Enjoy.

Spectraball (first game that I made for PC using one of my engines)
[font=Arial]Moonlight Minions (first iOS game I made using my mobile engine)[/font]
Atlas Editor[font=Arial] (this is an RTS editor that I worked on for a few months but never used it for anything)
Editor (this is the editor I made for my engine used to create Spectraball)
Water Shader (this is a basic water shader I made for my engine)[/font]
[font=Arial]Glass Shader (this is a basic glass shader I made for my engine)
Particle Systems attached to physics objects

Ace Wing (a 3D space shooter I made in 24 hours)

Controls:
Left, Right, Up, Down arrow keys to move ship
Left Click: Fire lasers
Right Click: Fires heat seeking missiles
Space Bar: Drops mines[/font][/font]
Advertisement
I found it strange that I didn't get a response so I'm going to bump once before moving on.

I found it strange that I didn't get a response so I'm going to bump once before moving on.

Sadly a lot of people just don't have the money. Hopefully someone will be able to make use of your services.
Jonathon,
What type of projects are you looking for, paid indie or strictly commercial? Although this is question is a bit vague, what are you looking for payment wise?

You may be interested in the small amount we have put up to bring on a developer to work on an isometric engine. Check out our thread here...

http://www.gamedev.net/topic/616649-paid-experienced-devs-needed-hardcore-project/
I may be interested. It's been a really long time since I've played with isometric stuff. May I ask why you decided to go that route? Why not just make it 3D?
Hello Jonathon,

Looks like you have quite a bit of experience! It's a bit complicate to get a good paid job in here as most teams are startups or work under a collaboration option in which you dont get paid until a specific goal [commercial release, some teams plan on investors...], i wish you the best of luck finding your project.

I am also curious if you have experience with MMO games and engines.

Thanks
Towns Life Project - Celebrating 3rd Year of Development on 27th June - Towns Life
Many of our members, including myself, love isometric games (shooters, hack and slash, etc). We're wanting to go retro on the engine and innovate on the gameplay. I will forward you more details via email and I will let this thread get back to its original course of discussion. Thanks for responding Jonathon!
Collection of various projects I made with my engine

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=S7EWMpX1Gpg

Hope you enjoy!

Yes, I do.
Just emailed you.

Collection of various projects I made with my engine

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=S7EWMpX1Gpg

Hope you enjoy!

[quote name='SabataS' timestamp='1323732101' post='4893299']

Yes, I do.
[/quote]

Some good stuff in that video jonathon99. I am biased, but I actually liked the outdoor scene where you deformed the land the most.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement