• Create Account

Unity on the Wii with devkitPro?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 keelx   Members   -  Reputation: 104

0Likes

Posted 18 December 2011 - 02:16 PM

I have a Wii, I have Unity, and I have devkitPro. I've successfully managed to get devkitPro to output some .dol's and have them run on the Wii through an SD card. I read on the Unity website, and I quote,

Click To Publish
Ready to run your game on your devkit? It couldn't be easier. Build it with one click. Run it with another. That's all! Build supervisor not required.

Requirements
In order to evaluate or license our engine for use on the Wii console developers must meet the following requirements:

• You must own Unity Pro 2.x
  • You must be a an Authorized Developer for the Wii console and obtain a Wii development kit

Now, that being said, is it in any way possible to get Unity to use devkitPro to build the files instead of the official devkit? I don't plan at all to sell them, but more to just see the games I make play on a Wii for sh**s and giggles.

Is this possible? If so, how?
If not, am I completely hopeless in seeing a creation of mine run on a Wii?

Sponsor:

#2 Relfos   Members   -  Reputation: 318

1Likes

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:09 AM

I don't think the "normal" Unity allows to create Wii builds.
And since their requirments are "You must be a an Authorized Developer for the Wii console and obtain a Wii development kit", so I don't think you can get a version that can do it..
And even if you could, there's a very high probably of it not being compatible with devkitPro.
If you really want to make games for Wii, you'll have to use devkitPro and write C code, search in the net, I think I've seen some free graphic engines for the Wii before, made from someone in the homebrew community.

#3 DarklyDreaming   Members   -  Reputation: 363

0Likes

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:52 AM

[--snip--]

Indeed it does not allow that. To use Unity for Wii you'll need a separate build that you can only acquire once you've shown proof that you are a legit authorized developer. In other words: there is no way to use Unity for Wii without actually doing it the 'normal' way. :)
"I will personally burn everything I've made to the fucking ground if I think I can catch them in the flames."
~ Gabe

"I don't mean to rush you but you are keeping two civilizations waiting!"
~ Cavil, BSG.
"If it's really important to you that other people follow your True Brace Style, it just indicates you're inexperienced. Go find something productive to do."
~ Bregma

"Well, you're not alone.

There's a club for people like that. It's called Everybody and we meet at the bar."

~ Antheus

#4 keelx   Members   -  Reputation: 104

0Likes

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:33 PM

And since their requirments are "You must be a an Authorized Developer for the Wii console and obtain a Wii development kit", so I don't think you can get a version that can do it..
And even if you could, there's a very high probably of it not being compatible with devkitPro.
If you really want to make games for Wii, you'll have to use devkitPro and write C code, search in the net, I think I've seen some free graphic engines for the Wii before, made from someone in the homebrew community.

Yes I've seen those. The problem with that is that there is little to no documentation, tutorials, or anything of the like.

[--snip--]

Indeed it does not allow that. To use Unity for Wii you'll need a separate build that you can only acquire once you've shown proof that you are a legit authorized developer. In other words: there is no way to use Unity for Wii without actually doing it the 'normal' way. :)

Well that sucks. Oh well.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS