• Create Account

My first ever render

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
7 replies to this topic

#1 Burnskagen   Members   -  Reputation: 103

0Likes

Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:16 PM

Posted Image

Errors that I have left to fix is the gap between the keyboard and the trackpad, I also need to texture it once I understand how.

Please give feedback and critique :)

Sponsor:

#2 Aluthreney   Members   -  Reputation: 256

1Likes

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:38 AM

Your model looks good to me, but there is one thing that's looks wrong however it could just be from the perpective of the image. The bottom of the touchpad looks like it was cut off from the rest of the computer.

What application did you ue to make your model?

Aluthreney -- the King of sheep.

#3 Burnskagen   Members   -  Reputation: 103

0Likes

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:36 AM

I use blender, can't afford anything else, but it seems like a good app.

Thanks for the tips, I agree now that you say it..

#4 Burnskagen   Members   -  Reputation: 103

0Likes

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:41 AM

Posted Image

Watcha think now? Posted Image

#5 assainator   Members   -  Reputation: 636

1Likes

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:15 AM

I have to agreement with Aluthreney on the touchpad, it does seem a bit cut out th body. Other then that it's quite good.

If I might point to some small issues:
- The corners are a bit sharp, they could use some smoothing.
- The same for the corners of the insets of the touchpad and the screen.
"What? It disintegrated. By definition, it cannot be fixed." - Gru - Dispicable me

"Dude, the world is only limited by your imagination" - Me

#6 Starnick   Members   -  Reputation: 1137

1Likes

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:39 AM

Yeah I agree on the touchpad, I can see where you're going with it but how it's pushed in a bit doesn't seem right. From a user's perspective that might even be uncomfortable :)

However, it's a pretty good model, especially for it being your first :)

#7 DarklyDreaming   Members   -  Reputation: 363

1Likes

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:27 PM

The keys look a bit flat, probably because they are just a texture and not actually part of the mesh? Your materials and textures could use a bit of tweaking, but I'm guessing your focus is more on the actual model so I'll reserve judgement on that and see what else you come up with. :)
"I will personally burn everything I've made to the fucking ground if I think I can catch them in the flames."
~ Gabe

"I don't mean to rush you but you are keeping two civilizations waiting!"
~ Cavil, BSG.
"If it's really important to you that other people follow your True Brace Style, it just indicates you're inexperienced. Go find something productive to do."
~ Bregma

"Well, you're not alone.

There's a club for people like that. It's called Everybody and we meet at the bar."

~ Antheus

#8 Burnskagen   Members   -  Reputation: 103

0Likes

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:50 AM

The keys look a bit flat, probably because they are just a texture and not actually part of the mesh? Your materials and textures could use a bit of tweaking, but I'm guessing your focus is more on the actual model so I'll reserve judgement on that and see what else you come up with. Posted Image

That is true about the keys. I guess there is a bumpmap function I do not know how to use yet but I will learn so soon. :)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS