• Create Account

Beginning Fuzzy logic?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 newbie_gamer   Members   -  Reputation: 122

0Likes

Posted 24 December 2011 - 09:37 AM

I was wondering if I should implement fuzzy logic for my game in which the AI has to select weapons and different attacks and defend options...
Also I want to know how tough is it to implement fuzzy logic.. After understanding the theory can it be done within a month.. I'm running on a tight schedule here!!

Sponsor:

#2 IADaveMark   Moderators   -  Reputation: 2415

-1Likes

Posted 24 December 2011 - 11:00 AM

I was wondering if I should implement fuzzy logic for my game in which the AI has to select weapons and different attacks and defend options...
Also I want to know how tough is it to implement fuzzy logic.. After understanding the theory can it be done within a month.. I'm running on a tight schedule here!!

You sure you want "fuzzy logic" in the classic sense or simply "variable importance of criteria". Big difference.

Ironically, the weapon selection/who to attack problem is exactly the main example in the last half of my book. *shrug*

The gist is, however, create values and weights for different ideas, tweak them as necessary when combined with other considerations, score things, add things, and then pick the best one. It's actually not that hard to get started.
Dave Mark - President and Lead Designer of Intrinsic Algorithm LLC

Professional consultant on game AI, mathematical modeling, simulation modeling
Co-advisor of the GDC AI Summit
Co-founder of the AI Game Programmers Guild
Author of the book, Behavioral Mathematics for Game AI

Blogs I write:
IA News - What's happening at IA | IA on AI - AI news and notes | Post-Play'em - Observations on AI of games I play

"Reducing the world to mathematical equations!"

#3 IADaveMark   Moderators   -  Reputation: 2415

0Likes

Posted 24 December 2011 - 11:02 AM

Oh... and from another thread, this is a column I wrote for Game Developer Magazine a year ago that might give you some ideas.

Getting More Behavior out of Numbers
Dave Mark - President and Lead Designer of Intrinsic Algorithm LLC

Professional consultant on game AI, mathematical modeling, simulation modeling
Co-advisor of the GDC AI Summit
Co-founder of the AI Game Programmers Guild
Author of the book, Behavioral Mathematics for Game AI

Blogs I write:
IA News - What's happening at IA | IA on AI - AI news and notes | Post-Play'em - Observations on AI of games I play

"Reducing the world to mathematical equations!"

#4 Franck Dernoncourt   Members   -  Reputation: 142

1Likes

Posted 24 December 2011 - 11:34 AM

Pretty straightforward. Check out the book entitled "Programming Game AI by Example". Chapter 10 on Fuzzy Logic has many code examples (C++). There are also many fuzzy logic libraries available.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS