• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

PhotoMonkee

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 SGreth   Members   -  Reputation: 218

Posted 31 December 2011 - 08:29 AM

Hey GDers! Holy cow, has it seriously been 6 years since my last post? Although I'm not doing game development at the moment I am still coding and my latest project is photomonkee; an OpenCL (no, not GL) accelerated photo editor.

screenie.PNG

I know that some of you create your own art assets and would love to get your input on what features I could add to the software to help. If you'd be interested in taking it for a test driver feel free to sign up at the site or drop me a message on here.

In terms of functionality, PhotoMonkee has a lot of the basics you'd find in a paint program plus a few extra bells and whistles. Don't get me wrong, it's no PhotoShop but it certainly isn't MSPaint either Posted Image
  • Basic Tools
    • Brush
    • Scale/Rotate/Translate
    • Magic Wand
    • Text
    • Eraser
    • Pixel Selection (with additive and removal modes)
    • Flood Fill
    • Basic Shapes
    • Canvas Zoom
    • Color Picker
  • Layering System
    • Blending
    • Opacity
    • Styles (only drop-shadow so far)
  • Canvas Cropping and Size Modification
  • Color Palette system with support for RGB, HSL, HSV and CMYK color models
  • Filters
    • Color Inversion, Gray-scale, Sepia
    • Brightness/Contrast
    • Color Adjustments
    • Sharpen, Emboss, Smooth (Convolution Filters)
    • Jitter, Pixelate (displacement filters)
  • Copy/Paste from within the application and between other applications
  • Unlimited Undo/Redo
  • Import from all of QImage's supported types (png jpg bmp gif pbm pgm tiff xbm xpm)
  • Export to all of QImage's supported types(bmp, jpg, png, ppm, tiff, xbm, xpm)
  • Save/Load via the PhotoMonkee file format *.pm (no, not PERL modules, silly!)
Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions. Happy New Year!
"The difference between insanity and genius is measured only by success."~Bruce Feirstein

Sponsor:

#2 f&g   Members   -  Reputation: 102

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:58 PM

Hi i would be interested in using the software you are making im more then happy to test it out and report any bugs ect if you are interested send me a PM on here

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS