• Create Account

Best practise : Vertex Buffers in Multiple windows

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Monza   Members   -  Reputation: 140

0Likes

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:27 AM

I need to display a similar set of geometry (consisting of tens of thousands of objects each with dozens of polygons) in multiple windows.

I've done this using swap chains which works OK, but because the geometry objects need to have different colors in each windows, I've had to create duplicate vertex arrays and buffers (transformed vertexes, normals and colors) for each window, which chews up lots of memory and needs some management.

Is there any way to utilize the same vertex arrays or buffers, but individually color the vertexes for each window? Or am I stuck with creating and managing multiple vertex arrays and buffers for each window?

Sponsor:

#2 Ripiz   Members   -  Reputation: 525

0Likes

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:42 AM

Just send some value to shader. If you use FFP then set DIFFUSE color or some other.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS