• Create Account

Has anyone seen this yet?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
9 replies to this topic

#1 CyborgX   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:38 PM

Hey,

Has anyone here seen Bladepad yet? If you haven't, check it out. It looks pretty epic!
www.bladepad.com

-Dave

Sponsor:

#2 KanonBaum   Members   -  Reputation: 277

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:42 PM

But... touchscreen!
I'm that imaginary number in the parabola of life.

#3 CyborgX   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:54 PM

Umm... I'm not sure what that means, but I love your profile pic! lol is that the shot from when he sings "at the end of sixth sense when Bruce Willis was dead, I..." ?

#4 MarkS   Prime Members   -  Reputation: 878

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:18 PM

But... touchscreen!

I downloaded Wolfenstein 3D on my sister's iPhone. The touchscreen controls are not intuitive at all and the game is nearly impossible to play. I downloaded Sonic on an older touchscreen phone of mine and again, the touchscreen doesn't cut it as a game controller. As for games *made* for a touchscreen, yes, this is a rather useless product. Still, I can see it filling a nitch.

#5 CyborgX   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:10 PM

Yeah, i just think it would be awesome for FPS games, like Wolfenstein, Battlefield, or COD Zombies! Or even platformer games like Mario. I realize that you couldn't really use it for something like Angry birds or Fruit Ninja, but still... I just think it would help take mobile gaming to the next level cause it would be pointless to buy a psp or 3ds ever again.

#6 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4688

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:44 PM

Sonic 4 on the touchscreen is terrible. The BladePad would be a welcomed edtion.

Gravity Guy and Cliffed are awesome on the touchscreen however.
Beginner in Game Development? Read here.

Super Mario Bros clone tutorial written in XNA 4.0 [MonoGame, ANX, and MonoXNA] by Scott Haley

If you have found any of the posts helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking the up arrow on those posts Posted Image

Spoiler

#7 CyborgX   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:37 AM

Yeah! Sonic would be way better!

#8 Paul Franzen   Members   -  Reputation: 333

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:36 AM

Four posts total, all in this thread, and a link to the Bladepad in his profile? Am I the only one thinking this is an ill-disguised advertisement? I hope gamedev.net is getting paid for this!

Life in the Dorms -- comedic point-and-click adventure game out now for Xbox Live Indie Games!

My portfolio: http://paulfranzen.wordpress.com/

#9 Tom Sloper   Moderators   -  Reputation: 9053

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:44 AM

I think Cyborg's artless marketing belongs in Your Announcements, so I'm moving this.
-- Tom Sloper
Sloperama Productions
Making games fun and getting them done.
www.sloperama.com

Please do not PM me. My email address is easy to find, but note that I do not give private advice.

#10 kukouri   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:22 AM

Will have to give it a look

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS