• Create Account

what is the name of this win32 control?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

#1 Triad_prague   Members   -  Reputation: 140

0Likes

Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:42 PM

Hi, I'm trying to make a simple app to show some kind of data. It has to be shown as table. Therefore I'm trying to create a win32 control that suits that purpose. However, I don't know what the name of that win32 control and I don't know how to create it. I use VC++ resource script to describe dialogs, menus, etc for me. But I can't seem to find that win32 control....

Here's the win32 control I'm talking about

Posted Image

Do you know what it is? and how to create it? thanks
the hardest part is the beginning...

Sponsor:

#2 Tsus   Members   -  Reputation: 989

2Likes

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:32 PM

Hi,

if I'm not mistaken that's a SysListView32.
I'm afraid I can't help you out more, since I've never used it with resource scripts.
Well, perhaps its name gives you a starting point for your search.

Good luck!

Acagamics e.V. – IGDA Student Game Development Club (University of Magdeburg, Germany)

#3 Triad_prague   Members   -  Reputation: 140

0Likes

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:37 PM

Whew, it is called listview you're right!! okay, I'm reading about it right now, hopefully I can grasp it soon. Thanks btw!!

#4 adam4813   Members   -  Reputation: 655

1Likes

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:40 PM

Its actually just the ListView control in detail mode. You need to specify the columns, but getting the sorting button might need to be done with custom drawing. However when you do sort it you just change the order of the items, and you can still let Windows draw the contents.

#5 Triad_prague   Members   -  Reputation: 140

0Likes

Posted 07 January 2012 - 10:17 PM

Whoa, I was about to ask how to show that arrow button for sorting. But I guess I don't really need it right now, altho maybe I'll read about it later when I need to improve the look of the listview

#6 DarkRonin   Members   -  Reputation: 604

-1Likes

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:33 AM

what is the name of this win32 control?

Bruce :)

#7 adam4813   Members   -  Reputation: 655

0Likes

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:19 PM

ListView

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS