For those already employed as a Game Developer/Designer, could you answer a few questions?,
Members - Reputation: 100
Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:42 PM
I am a senior in high school attempting to get some insight into the working environment of the Game Developer. I have a few questions in particular that would be of much use to me. If you are able to answer at least eight of the following, I would be greatly appreciative:
1. Describe a typical day on the job.
2. Why did you choose this job?
3. What type of people are suitable for this job?
4. How long did you go to school to do this? What education is required?
5. Are you satisfied with your salary?
6. Is there anything in particular that you do not enjoy about your job?
7. What are some of the benefits of your job?
8. What kind of hours do you normally work?
9. Is your job stressful? If so, how do you react to this stress?
10. What is the MOST stressful about your job?
11. What advice would you give to those hoping to what you do?
Thank you for your time.
Moderators - Reputation: 14870
Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:00 PM
3. It depends which job. Read FAQ 7.
4A. Four years of college/university. Then however long it takes to make a portfolio and get hired. Read the FAQs (go back out to the Breaking In forum, and look in Getting Started, upper right).
4B. It depends which job. Read the FAQs (go back out to the Breaking In forum, and look in Getting Started, upper right).
5-11. Read FAQ 37.
Making games fun and getting them done.
Please do not PM me. My email address is easy to find, but note that I do not give private advice.