• Create Account

From data model to its representation in opengl transformations

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 babarorhum   Members   -  Reputation: 100

0Likes

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:10 PM

Hello,

A trivial question for many of you; which i would really appreciate with this matter as i am starting to bang my head on the wall ;)

My app contains a data model consisting of my "main axises" for each 3d object shown in the opengl module. These axises are in fact a representation axises of 3d objects (like the bone of a body and the 3d objects would be then the members of the body).

Based on user interactions these changes in these main axises are calculated from the current position to the new one.
and i would like to represent these changes also on the screen via the Open GL modules through some glrotate and translate.

For example an axis with its origin in x =0/ y = 0/ z = 0 and x =2, y = 2, z = 0; would be translated in opengl as a glrotate on z wih an angle of 45 degrees; and no glrotate on x or y

At first i thought taking two glrotates on x and y or x and z ; would do the trick but i am having some challenges. Now considering to use orthographic projection on the planes x,y / z,y / x,z to then determine glrotates for respectively x , y and z.

Is that from your oppinion the way to go ? I am not fully convinced and i wanted your oppinion about it.
Or do you see another approach which would be more straightforward ?

Many thanks in advance for any insight you can provide :)

babarorhum

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS