• Create Account

We need your feedback on a survey! Each completed response supports our community and gives you a chance to win a $25 Amazon gift card!

Experienced Editor/Proofreader

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Paul Franzen   Members   -  Reputation: 334

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:43 PM

Looking for a proofreader for your next big game? …No? Are you sure? Think about it for a second. Don’t typos drive you crazy? Don’t awkward phrases and obvious grammar mistakes take you out of the experience of an otherwise great videogame?

How unprofessional (not to mention boring) do games look when their dialogue and text aren’t well-written? I can help you with that, if you’d like.

Want credentials? I’ve been a professional copy editor for five years and the Editor-in-Chief of GameCola for nearly 10. I’ve also served as writer and proofreader on games like Life in the Dorms and Mitsumata.

But don’t take my word for it—take the word of this official-looking pdf, instead. Some call it a resume. I call it a résumé, because without the accent marks, it’s an entirely different word. (See? That’s the level of detail I can bring to YOUR next project.)

My rates are $1/100 words for basic proofreading, and $2/100 words for more in-depth editing and rewriting. I can also write text for your game, as well as write/proofread press releases, content for websites, instruction manuals—basically, if it has words, I can pretty them up. My rates are negotiable.

E-mail me for more information!

Life in the Dorms -- comedic point-and-click adventure game out now for Xbox Live Indie Games!

My portfolio: http://paulfranzen.wordpress.com/

Sponsor:

#2 Paul Franzen   Members   -  Reputation: 334

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:05 AM

Bumpersons!

Life in the Dorms -- comedic point-and-click adventure game out now for Xbox Live Indie Games!

My portfolio: http://paulfranzen.wordpress.com/

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS