• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

Common Video Game Term Translations

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 JM33   Members   -  Reputation: 120

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:11 PM

I had an idea for a table of common video game terms and translation into common languages. I wasn't thinking of a complex glossary, maybe just 25-50 of the most common terms that would be used in almost every video game. For example, score, high score, level, settings/options, controls, play/start, quit/exit, lives (number of), back/next, forward/previous. Mostly the terms that a video game menu would include. Members here could add input as to their native languages to improve the accuracy.

I've been searching the web for a while now and have not come across anything like this. Surely most of these can be easily translated with Google translate or something like it, but some words don't always translate the same in the context of a video game.

I think this would be a useful tool for developers here, what do you guys think?

Sponsor:

#2 roverstu   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 221

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:56 AM

That's an interesting idea actually

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS