• Create Account

OpenGL Robot Movements: combining vertical and horizontal moves into one

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 babarorhum   Members   -  Reputation: 100

0Likes

Posted 14 January 2012 - 06:18 PM

Hello,

I have made a robot arm for an iphone app using OpenGl.

Its forearm can turn left and right by rotating around the arm; and can also go up and down by rotating around a normal vector to its main axis.

The left/right movements are going smoothly with GlRotate; the up and down as well.
The problem comes when i would like the forearm to go the right/left at the same time as going as up and left.

The final result is the right one meaning it arrives at the final position ; however it proceeds by sequence; for example it execute the 1st GLRotate to go right; and then the 2nd Glrotate to go up.

The result i would like to see is in fact a combination of both up and right; in other words that it appears as one movement.

What are your suggestions to arrive to such result ?
Note that the axises of rotations are different for the left/right move and up/down.

Many thanks in advance for any pointers, helps you can provide :)

Babarorhum

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS