• Create Account

What shoud i create in OnD3D9CreateDevice/OnD3D9ResetDevice

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 IceBreaker23   Members   -  Reputation: 608

0Likes

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:44 AM

Hi!

I am using DXUT and dx9.
I have an issue with minimizing my fullscreen app and maximize it afterwards. My screen is black after maximizing...
I think that this is an issue with loosing de pd3dDevice, and so i tried to create/initialize everything that uses textures/buffer etc in OnD3D9ResetDevice. But my problem remains.

Sponsor:

#2 Evil Steve   Members   -  Reputation: 1959

1Likes

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:44 AM

Do the debug runtimes give you any useful information? You can enable them from the DirectX control panel in the start menu -> DirectX SDK -> Tools.

Steve Macpherson
Senior programmer, Firebrand Games

#3 mhagain   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 7822

1Likes

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:57 AM

Most likely cause is that you used GetSurfaceLevel (or GetBackBuffer/GetRenderTarget) but neglected to Release the returned surface afterwards.

A second possibility is that you have some D3DX objects - Sprite, Font or Effect are candidates here - which you haven't called OnLostDevice on.

It appears that the gentleman thought C++ was extremely difficult and he was overjoyed that the machine was absorbing it; he understood that good C++ is difficult but the best C++ is well-nigh unintelligible.

#4 IceBreaker23   Members   -  Reputation: 608

0Likes

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:19 AM

Most likely cause is that you used GetSurfaceLevel (or GetBackBuffer/GetRenderTarget) but neglected to Release the returned surface afterwards.

A second possibility is that you have some D3DX objects - Sprite, Font or Effect are candidates here - which you haven't called OnLostDevice on.

Also Buffers :)

I´ve solved it now. I deleted my camera class in the OnD3D9LostDevice but created it on OnD3D9CreateDevice.
Thank you for your replies! ;)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS