• Create Account

C++ Programmer & 2D Artist for 2D RPG

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kuraisu   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:24 AM

Team name:
Jacks of Shadow (unregistered, subject to change)

Project name:
Project Sherwood

Brief description:
2D side-scrolling RPG with an emphasis on using gadgets much like in The Legend of Zelda (A Link to the Past) for progressing through game. The action takes place in a fantasy world much inspired by Robin Hood folklore hero. Main characters are feline-like (kitties =^_^=) humanoid creatures, possibly struggling with wolf-like oppressors. Overall mood of the game would be kind and funny.

Target aim:
Retail (Steam/Desura).

Compensation:
We're offering a percentage of potential revenue as a compensation.

Technology:
C++/Lua/OpenGL, own simple 2d engine (work in progress). First platform is a PC. Secondary platforms are Mac OS X, Linux, Android (tablets only), iOS (tablets only).

Talent needed:
C++ programmer, who wants to become a real game developer.
Skills: basic OpenGL grasp, basic AI understanding, average C++ skills, average algorithmic background.

2D artist with good cartoon/anime style.

Team structure:
Aleksey "Kuraisu" Yermakov - project lead, lead developer.
Pavel "Satory" Blinov - game-designer, story writer.

http://www.jackofshadow.com/ - Nothing for the public there ATM.
By the way, that little guy over there is Jack. He fells uncomfy, when you are trying to click on him. =)

Contacts:
jp(dot)kuraisu(at)gmail(dot)com

Previous Work by Team:
First project was a tower defense concept based game, which was put on hold, due to imbalance of needed amount of work and available resources.
A fair amount of code was written, including own resource managing system, own file formats support and lua scripting. Based on Ogre3D.

Additional Info:
Piece of concept art of first project by Aleksey "Sephiroth" Grishin (not on the team atm):

Attached File  Harrier.jpg   195.34KB   15 downloads

Attached File  watcher.jpg   125.34KB   13 downloads

ENCOURAGING ONLY

Sponsor:

#2 nfries88   Members   -  Reputation: 259

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:15 AM

I'd be interested in programming for this project.

I've been using C++ for years, and used to work on both the client and server ends of a 2D MMO clone called Open-Tibia, which is developed in C++ and uses Lua for scripting.
Looking for paid or open-source C++ programming work. Been programming since 2005. No degree.

#3 Cryptiik   Members   -  Reputation: 437

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:37 PM

I would be interested in this project. I have been programming in C++ and have some experience with 2D game design and programming. Email me at sarim.janjua2013@gmail.com and we can talk more. Looking forward to hearing from you

#4 scottrick49   Members   -  Reputation: 366

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:43 PM

Hi, I might be interested in this project, but I would like to learn more! I have lots of experience with C++ and a good understanding of OpenGL. PM me if you are still looking for somebody and want to chat. -Scott
scottrick49

#5 Kuraisu   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:01 AM

Programmer vacancy closed. Artist is still needed.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS