• Create Account

Starting new 3D Game Programming

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 adi64   Members   -  Reputation: 106

0Likes

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:32 AM

Basically I have done games in 2d .(DirectX)
Now I have to start with 3d. I am little confuse about where to start.
Just like in 2d we have developed pong at first then some games like Breakout, Asteroid, Space Invaders etc,
That is using by using sprites, basic 2d geometry,loading 2d images.
Now had followed some basics tutorials in 3d like drawing basics shapes, rotating,scaling,translating, camera how to project it to view and all that stuff.
Now I want to know how to make 3d scenes, First/Third Person camera ,Player models, making them moveable.
So can any tell me where I will get these tutorials or any book available for that with where I will begin with this above 3d stuff esp in DirectX.

Sponsor:

#2 turch   Members   -  Reputation: 590

0Likes

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:57 AM

I'd suggest you go through the free tutorials at http://www.directxtutorial.com. That will give you some basic experience with Direct3D. From there, you should be able to apply most of the principles of 2d games to make some simple 3d games.

#3 Marvel Magnum   Members   -  Reputation: 324

0Likes

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:30 PM

Here's one more nice resource:
http://www.two-kings.de/tutorials/dxgraphics/

#4 adi64   Members   -  Reputation: 106

0Likes

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:29 AM

Yaah but still I want core topic that what i mentioned in my question?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS