• Create Account

2d Isometric slopes fix

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 sultanofswing.90   Members   -  Reputation: 111

0Likes

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:49 AM

Hi guys, i'm developing a full 2d iso engine with xna (here's a demo ), but now i need an algorithm to raise/fix automatically every tile around a previously moved up/down tile. i.e if i move up a tile at height 0, the 8 tiles around must be modified...etc... What i can do? In my video i modified every single tile...

here's a video showing what i need(from 00:26)

bye =)

Sponsor:

#2 sultanofswing.90   Members   -  Reputation: 111

0Likes

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:47 AM

up? Posted Image

#3 JTippetts   Moderators   -  Reputation: 8350

0Likes

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:27 AM

Seems like you could implement it as a standard height map a whole lot more easily than with tiles.

#4 sultanofswing.90   Members   -  Reputation: 111

0Likes

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:41 PM

implement it as a standard height map? Does this mean that i can store all the height in a (for example) integer matrix as big as the map? Ok but every time i have to check the tiles "transition" when i move up/down one...and in certain cases i've to modify a lot of tiles...

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS