• Create Account

[Wanted][Royalties] Graphical Programmers

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
7 replies to this topic

#1 WireZappIndieStudios   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:00 PM

Team Name:
Wire Zapp Indie Studios

Project Name:
WZ Engine

Brief Description:
Our goal is to bring advanced GI and Post Processing to indie game studios, that lack the resources to do it themselves

Target Aim:
Retail

Compensation:
40% share (Per copy sold)

Technology:
Target: Upper end gaming computers
Technology: DirectX, C++

Talent needed:​

4 years or more of programming experience (HLSL, C++, and some LUA would be useful, but not required)
1 year or more of graphical programming experience (DIrectX)
Advanced Knowledge of Global Illumination and/or Radiosity (Not required, but heavily recommended)

Team structure
Louis Castricato - Lead Graphical Programmer
Dustin Watson - Level Editor Programmer, and Lead AI Programmer (Also, developing his own project within the game engine)

http://www.wirezapp.net
http://wirezapp.wordpress.com/

Contacts:
Email: CEO@wirezapp.net

Previous Work by Team:
Louis Castricato - Path Builder (2010, WP7 game), WZ GUI (Summer Project, entire GUI oriented OS, I did not program the kernel)
Dustin Watson - None to my knowings

Additional Info:
I have been developing the graphical end of my game engine by myself essentially for the past year, and it's about time I get a coding partner, who can help me implement more complex techniques.

I am not an inexperienced programmer

I have:
8 years programming experience (Python, C#, C++, C, HLSL, BASIC)
1 1/2 years of graphical programming experience (DirectX)
1 year of studying Radiosity (Wavelets and Spherical Harmonics)

Please provide feedback
www.wirezapp.net - Bringing Power to the indie developer

Sponsor:

#2 The_Neverending_Loop   Members   -  Reputation: 594

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:09 PM

both links you provided are https, but you dont actually have a secure connection, I was not able to visit wirezapp unless I typed in the regular http:// address

#3 WireZappIndieStudios   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:33 PM

both links you provided are https, but you dont actually have a secure connection, I was not able to visit wirezapp unless I typed in the regular http:// address

Thanks, fixed it :P

#4 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 17068

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:20 PM

I strongly encourage you to find someone who speaks english as their first language to review your website before approaching any potential clients. Guessing by your name, italian is your first language, right? Because of translation issues with your site, your business isn't coming off as professional as you might hope, and your website may be your first impression to many potential clients.

It's perfectly fine to abbreviate my username to 'Servant' rather than copy+pasting it all the time.

[Fly with me on Twitter] [Google+] [My broken website]

All glory be to the Man at the right hand... On David's throne the King will reign, and the Government will rest upon His shoulders. All the earth will see the salvation of God.                                                                                                                                                       [Need free cloud storage? I personally like DropBox]

Of Stranger Flames - [indie turn-based rpg set in a para-historical French colony] | Indie RPG development journal

#5 WireZappIndieStudios   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:48 PM

I strongly encourage you to find someone who speaks english as their first language to review your website before approaching any potential clients. Guessing by your name, italian is your first language, right? Because of translation issues with your site, your business isn't coming off as professional as you might hope, and your website may be your first impression to many potential clients.

Nope, I have lived in New York all my life, but I made my website in about 1 afternoon. It's not permanent, so I didn't bother doing any real re-writes. I am having a more permanent website being created for me right now.

Although, my dad is from Italy, so there was never any good English in the house hold Posted Image

And what did you find wrong? I had my mom re-read it, and she is a professional writer

#6 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 17068

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:08 PM

Nope, I have lived in New York all my life, but I made my website in about 1 afternoon. It's not permanent, so I didn't bother doing any real re-writes. I am having a more permanent website being created for me right now.

Although, my dad is from Italy, so there was never any good English in the house hold Posted Image

And what did you find wrong? I had my mom re-read it, and she is a professional writer

Well, your forum posts are perfectly fine, but I'll private message you some of the mistakes found on the site so as to not derail your recruitment thread.

It's perfectly fine to abbreviate my username to 'Servant' rather than copy+pasting it all the time.

[Fly with me on Twitter] [Google+] [My broken website]

All glory be to the Man at the right hand... On David's throne the King will reign, and the Government will rest upon His shoulders. All the earth will see the salvation of God.                                                                                                                                                       [Need free cloud storage? I personally like DropBox]

Of Stranger Flames - [indie turn-based rpg set in a para-historical French colony] | Indie RPG development journal

#7 WireZappIndieStudios   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:29 PM

Still available

#8 saltytaco1234   Members   -  Reputation: 101

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:36 PM

L-Learn
U-Ur
A-Acronyms
It's Lua for goodness sake, have been programming to long in Lua to ignore such a common mistake.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS