• Create Account

Programmer looking for work

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

#1 Drejn   Members   -  Reputation: 126

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:10 PM

Introduction

Hi i'm a C/C++ programmer looking for a group to join in or create a new one (because why not!).

Experiences
I don't actually have any kind of experience in a team environment, but i made 2 2D games by myself:

The first one was a space invaders game with scrolling spacy background and enemies slowly descending towards the player.

The second one was a strategy game, in which i used TCP/IP to make it a multiplayer (at its current state it only works Players vs Player). The game
involves 2 players on a tiled board. Each player start with 1 Factory (able to produce units) and a certain amount of cash.

I used a weird turn based method:

each player plan his moves and after both players are ready, the results will be shown (that involves units moving while eventually attacking, or turrets shooting at other units to defend, etc etc).

Both games are more of experiments i did to improve my problem solving skils, so they are finished but most of all in a prototype state.

I can provide a proper working distributable version of both game on request.

Both games were developed with the Directx 9. For the sprites i used a custom made Sprite class that creates a quad of the size needed by the texture.

The sprites themself were made by myself.

For the networking i used the winsock library, with asynchronized sockets.

Skills
I'm specialized in programming as i said but have some knowledge with 3d/2d graphics(made some little works with blender and Gimp), networking (winsock library) and game design.

That let me have a more versatility and understanding of the other roles.

I'm open minded and i'm really open for debates and discussions.

Final Notes
I would to work on a serious project, finalized for a release.
Compensation it's not an issue, i will be glad to work for free or at least till we don't earn some profit out of our works

There's still lot i can learn out there and i'm sure i can develop more experience by working in a team :]

Sponsor:

#2 Luffi45   Members   -  Reputation: 108

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:04 PM

Hey, I'm starting a project myself, so you might want to check it out. Currently I'm floating back and forth from C#/C++ to Java, but C++/C# and Java are nearly identical , with different syntax.
IE. in C# its Console.writeLine()
and in Java its System.out.println()
Either way, another viewpoint and a 3D artist will be helpful, so take a look at our forums and my thread on this site:
The forums are at:http://thproject.freeforums.org/index.php
and my thread here is at:http://www.gamedev.net/topic/619169-wanted-team-members-for-commercial-game/
I'd love to see you around the forums, and hope to have a successful project.

#3 Strategy   Members   -  Reputation: 187

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:40 AM

Got piqued a bit by your mention of a simultaneous turn-based multiplayer game. This is something I've worked with as well.

My background is C/C++ (what I do for a living), but currently I spend most of my hobby time on Android (Java). One thing that I've wanted to do for a while (but not had time for), is to build a graphical game framework for displaying maps (both tiled maps - e.g., hexes, etc. and "painted" maps - i.e., large images) in an effective manner. I would be very interested in collaborating with someone willing to do some or most of the heavy lifting on such a framework. There are plenty of OpenGL/graphical frameworks on Android, but they all require that one deal with stuff that is fairly irrelevant to a turn-based game - I've long been thinking of building something like this that simplifies the framework down to just the basic required features and maybe even open-source it. Done a fair bit of exploratory work on this, but I've not had the time to follow through, as I have much work on my other projects.

I'm not a big fan of revenue sharing schemes (very problematical - particularly for apps, where a lot of the work comes after they've been released), but if you have ideas/ambitions of trying to build your own games, there are probably ways in which I could reciprocate (code sharing, contacts, etc).

Realize this is not quite what you expressed interest in, but I thought I'd suggest it. If you're primarily looking to develop your programming skills, you can pick less useful things to work on.
Michael A.Designer/Developer
A Brief History of Rome
Pirates and traders

#4 ZenDavis   Members   -  Reputation: 133

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:38 AM

Do you have Skype? I'd like to get in touch with you.
Work hard. Become something.

#5 SteveDeFacto   Banned   -  Reputation: 109

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:04 PM

Not interested in working with anyone online but a few friends and I may be interested in working with you in person. This is very unlikely but do you happen to live in NC?

#6 Drejn   Members   -  Reputation: 126

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:37 PM

*bump*

#7 CFrac2   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:52 PM

I will guarantee success if you help me program. The game I am creating is literally incredible because of how utterly addicting it is. Its a 2D RTS Game and it has SO much potential its ridiculous.

I am humbly asking you to take a look at this thread and tell me what you think about it.

If any other programmers, graphic artists, music composers, or writers are interested in helping me with this revitalizing game PLEASE contact me!

My email is in my signature. My skype name is Chris.fracassi1

The link to the game thread is HERE: http://www.gamedev.n...04#entry4909704

Once any of you add me on skype, I can send you the OFFICIAL Pel Document.

Thanks!

IF you didn't click on the quote:

Game Diagram of Arena:
Posted Image

Player Skin (Customizable skins)
Posted Image

The Official Pel document has a little more content than the forum topic I created.

Cant wait to work with you!
Game Designer and Creative at http://www.xstreamtech.co.uk/

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS