• Create Account

Rate your own intelligence from 1 to 10.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
57 replies to this topic

Poll: Rate your own intelligence from 1 to 10. (62 member(s) have cast votes)

Rate your own intelligence from 1 to 10.

1. 1 (9 votes [-0.00%])

Percentage of vote: -0.00%

2. 2 (2 votes [-0.00%])

3. 3 (3 votes [-0.00%])

4. 4 (7 votes [-0.00%])

5. 5 (3 votes [-0.00%])

6. 6 (8 votes [-0.00%])

7. 7 (9 votes [-0.00%])

8. 8 (12 votes [-0.00%])

9. 9 (5 votes [-0.00%])

10. 10 (9 votes [-0.00%])

11. ITS OVER NINE THOUSAND! (-9223372036854775808 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

Vote

#41 Washu   Senior Moderators   -  Reputation: 4639

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:05 AM

I'm clearly over nine thousand. Unfortunately, each of my tentacles also decided to vote.

In time the project grows, the ignorance of its devs it shows, with many a convoluted function, it plunges into deep compunction, the price of failure is high, Washu's mirth is nigh.
ScapeCode - Blog | SlimDX

Sponsor:

#42 swiftcoder   Senior Moderators   -  Reputation: 9723

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:18 AM

I'm clearly over nine thousand. Unfortunately, each of my tentacles also decided to vote.

I'm impressed at your negative number of tentacles.

Tristam MacDonald - Software Engineer @Amazon - [swiftcoding]

#43 SteveDeFacto   Banned   -  Reputation: 109

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:20 AM

I'm impressed at your negative number of tentacles.

Rofl!

#44 Antheus   Members   -  Reputation: 2397

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:27 AM

Simple self selection would dictate that an honest assessment would have a heavily weighted upper end given the context of the site.

Honest assesment means taking a certified Mensa test. They're free, take about 1 hour and are given out regularly at local universities.

Once you have that certificate, look at it, smile, then put it away in some drawer somewhere so it doesn't gather much dust. Because nobody cares.

Actions define how people are perceived.

#45 coderx75   Members   -  Reputation: 406

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:50 PM

Out of 43 people, I'm the only one with the balls to say I'm over 9000 on a scale from 1 to 10? Sheee-he-he-heeyiiiiiit! ;D

Quit screwin' around! - Brock Samson

#46 SteveDeFacto   Banned   -  Reputation: 109

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:31 PM

Out of 43 people, I'm the only one with the balls to say I'm over 9000 on a scale from 1 to 10? Sheee-he-he-heeyiiiiiit! ;D

Washu put that there a few hours ago but accidentally entered a negative number and made his little comment about his testicles voting. Probably embarrassed of having negative 2147483647 testicles.

#47 Madhed   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2629

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:51 PM

Washu put that there a few hours ago but accidentally entered a negative number and made his little comment about his testicles voting. Probably embarrassed of having negative 2147483647 testicles.

*TENtacles Posted Image

#48 SteveDeFacto   Banned   -  Reputation: 109

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:08 PM

*TENtacles Posted Image

Meh tentacles, testicles same thing. lol

#49 Dreddnafious Maelstrom   Members   -  Reputation: 578

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:43 PM

Simple self selection would dictate that an honest assessment would have a heavily weighted upper end given the context of the site.

Honest assesment means taking a certified Mensa test. They're free, take about 1 hour and are given out regularly at local universities.

Once you have that certificate, look at it, smile, then put it away in some drawer somewhere so it doesn't gather much dust. Because nobody cares.

Actions define how people are perceived.

Sure, but that wasn't the question was it? Honest assessment is just that, it doesn't require an appeal to self selected "experts" on the subject.
"Let Us Now Try Liberty"-- Frederick Bastiat

#50 swiftcoder   Senior Moderators   -  Reputation: 9723

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:09 PM

Sure, but that wasn't the question was it? Honest assessment is just that, it doesn't require an appeal to self selected "experts" on the subject.

There is no such thing as an 'honest self-assesment'. It's just not possible - humans have far too much intrinsic bias with regards to their own self-image (i.e. we lack objectivity with respect to ourselves).

As such, any scientific discussion of human intelligence needs objective testing criteria, and mensa is a world-wide organisation that imposes standardisation on such tests...

#51 Tachikoma   Members   -  Reputation: 552

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:55 PM

I know how to forage for food...
Latest project: Sideways Racing on the iPad

#52 KanonBaum   Members   -  Reputation: 277

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:50 PM

I'm not stupid. I've had a lot of experience. But I am only saying that from how long I've been learning. In account of human history, I truly know nothing.
But in my field, I feel confident enough to learn new material and succeed at it. Not 1-4. However, I am not the quickest nor the brightest so I do not want to label myself as 8-10. I'd like to say I'm still learning (we always are) and so I have more to learn and think about.

I'll go with 5.
I'm that imaginary number in the parabola of life.

#53 ChurchSkiz   Members   -  Reputation: 438

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:50 AM

In terms of all the people in the world, considering over half the population farms for a living and never travels outside their village, I'd say I'm a 10. Compared to the people in this forum, I'd say I'm somewhere between a 2-3, with a 1 being the hockey MMO guys.

#54 M-E   Members   -  Reputation: 109

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:13 AM

Of course it's over 9000! What else would it be?

But seriously: I'd say about 6, maybe 7. Since going to university I really learned how much behind I am on quite some of my peers there, so there's still a lot of hard work to do.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

#55 szecs   Members   -  Reputation: 2102

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:28 AM

Wut with all the bupming on Lunge???!11

#56 way2lazy2care   Members   -  Reputation: 782

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:47 AM

The average person has one testicle.

There are more males than females in the world, and it is much more common for a male to lose testicles than it is for females to gain them. The average human probably has <1 testicle.

"The ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills."

Going by this definition I'd probably rate myself higher. This makes me curious to try an IQ test. I haven't taken one since high school.

#57 cowsarenotevil   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1969

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:18 AM

There are more males than females in the world, and it is much more common for a male to lose testicles than it is for females to gain them. The average human probably has <1 testicle.

Uh, if there are more males, shouldn't that increase the number, not decrease it? In any case, I always thought the number was about equal; males are born more frequently but don't live as long. And what about people with three testicles?
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-

#58 swiftcoder   Senior Moderators   -  Reputation: 9723

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:26 AM

We are not necroing threads from 3 months ago, let alone one of these threads...

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS