• Create Account

Professional artist looking for Experienced Programmer

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
7 replies to this topic

#1 esJ   Members   -  Reputation: 138

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:05 AM

Hello! I'm looking for an experienced programmer to help me create a sci-fi pyschological horror game. If you're familiar with Amnesia: The Dark Descent or Dear Esther ... perhaps even Radiator, that is a similar gameplay experience to what I am aiming for. I don't have a lot of details to give yet, because nothing is set in stone. I'm going to have to see who I can get interested and involved ... and then work with what we have from there Posted Image

About me
I'm currently employed as an Environment Artist at Creative Assembly in the UK. I worked on Zombie Panic:Source for about 3 years (most played HL2 mod I think) and also spent a year doing contract work for Contagion after that. I've spoken at the GamesIndustry.biz annual Careers Fair about how to pursue a career in games art. I helped judge the British Academy award for Artistic Achievement in videogames this year (BAFTA.org).

What I'm looking for
Someone who knows how to code Posted Image ideally I'd love to find a very experienced programmer who knows C++ to help me nail down a design prototype. Really though, I'd be happy to speak to anyone who is interested in helping me.

What I'm trying to make
A story-driven narrative experience which explores aspects of our humanity and morality, interspersed with sections of puzzle-based gameplay. If you are familiar with the movies Solaris or Sunshine, that is a good starting point.

Tech
Likely to be Unreal/UDK based. I'm open to suggestions though, it depends on what is needed by the game.

How to get in touch
If you're interested in helping out, I'd love to speak to you! Unfortunately, I don't check my gamedev.net account very often, so the best way to get in touch is to email me at mark@marksneddon.net

Thanks

Sponsor:

#2 esJ   Members   -  Reputation: 138

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:17 PM

I'm still looking for a programmer.

#3 rpiller   Members   -  Reputation: 706

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:15 AM

Sent you an email! Looking forward to talking wtih you.

#4 esJ   Members   -  Reputation: 138

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:28 PM

I've had a lot of emails regarding this, so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to get back to anyone as I'm quite busy :)

#5 rpiller   Members   -  Reputation: 706

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:51 PM

Understanable. I'm sure everyone is pouncing on the chance to work with an experienced artist :)

#6 esJ   Members   -  Reputation: 138

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:51 PM

Man, you would not believe how much that was not the case until about a week ago when I suddenly got flooded with emails... :o

#7 darksheikh   Members   -  Reputation: 102

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:26 AM

Do you need help in art too? Or only programmer?
Live Television: http://www.hdlivestreams.com
Online Shopping: http://www.shoppynow.com

#8 rpiller   Members   -  Reputation: 706

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:33 AM

Have you found someone to team up with or still looking at your options?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS