• Create Account

I want to join or create an indy team

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
10 replies to this topic

#1 endlessdark   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:42 AM

Hello everyone, I'm a hobbist game developer and a professional programmer (boring stuff for banks).
I wan't to join or create a team for making amateur free and open source games.
I have already developed some games myself, but most of them are not finished because its too much work for doing it alone. I also got awarded in a mobile game competition some years ago.

I have experience programming and medium artistic skills.

These are some of the things I can do:

- 3D and 2D Modelling,Texturing and Animating (Blender & GIMP) [Amateur level]
- Programming (C,C++,Python,Ruby... whatever). (SDL, libGosu, Irrlitch)
- Music composing (LinuxMultimediaStudio) [N00bish level, since my musical skills are non-existent]

I'm really interested in free and open source platforms, I really like games with a strong and unique artistic side, even if they don't feature complicated game mechanics. I grew in the 8/16bit era.

If you are interested in collaborating with me, or you want me to join your team, I'll be watching this thread.

See ya!

Sponsor:

#2 Tim Duong   Members   -  Reputation: 102

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:27 AM

Hi endlessdark,

My team and I are making a turn based strategy RPG and I'd love to have another programmer on board.

Here is our blog: http://dominionarts.blogspot.com/

Feel free to contact me via Skype at tim.kiem if you're interested :)

#3 Composer007   Members   -  Reputation: 109

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:11 AM

"- Music composing (LinuxMultimediaStudio) [N00bish level, since my musical skills are non-existent]"

lol that's just sweet :D

#4 JHarrison400   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:36 AM

Hello,

My team could use some artistic help and later on some programming help.

johnharrison400@gmail.com if you are interested.

#5 Luffi45   Members   -  Reputation: 108

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:00 PM

Hi! Our team would love to have you on board!
Our forums are here: http://thproject.freeforums.org/index.php
We are developing and designing a game where you play as a character with Enhanced Genetic Abilities, and follow a storyline filled with betrayal, deceit, and hatred. The main character's friend hires scientists to discover the source of their abilities, and they manage to recreate these abilities in a set of clones. The clones seem normal at first, but are soon driven mad by their hatred for their creators, as they are shunned by society because of their dual abnormalities, the facts that they are clones and have enhanced abilities. They break free of their creators and a war follows, filled with drama, peril, and eventually redemption.

#6 youka   Members   -  Reputation: 105

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:36 PM

need help with 2d art in two titles, one commercial, one freeware. interested? both are indie titles too. let me know if you are! Posted Image
i has a fink

#7 legend911   Members   -  Reputation: 114

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:43 PM

If you're still free... feel free to send me an email at: assaulth3ro911@hotmail.com

Or add me on Skype: AssaultH3ro911

Have a nice day!
Sincerely,
Michael

#8 jigwolf   Members   -  Reputation: 102

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:46 AM

I have a completed mobile/pc game design document I could share with you.
I do design, composition and marketing. I also have access to a very powerful graphics design team already interested in the project.
The game is not complex and would be popular.

If you're good enough at working with mobile platforms, I could get well paid contracts quickly.

Contact me: contact@websiteforge.co.uk

Thanks.

#9 CFrac2   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:59 PM

I have a completed mobile/pc game design document I could share with you.
I do design, composition and marketing. I also have access to a very powerful graphics design team already interested in the project.
The game is not complex and would be popular.

If you're good enough at working with mobile platforms, I could get well paid contracts quickly.

Contact me: contact@websiteforge.co.uk

Thanks.

Hey why don't we all team up to make the BEST game possible?

The game I have in mind is already typed out in an 8 page word document.

The document includes everything from how to play the game to a movement system I created called SPM or Seconds Per Movement to the graphic design I want incorporated with the game!

Here is a link to the game topic on these forums: http://www.gamedev.net/topic/619775-unique-2d-rts-game-join-the-development-team-share-ideas/page__pid__4909704#entry4909704

My Email is in my signature and my skype is chris.fracassi1

Can't wait to start this with you guys.
(Honest opinion: We will get famous off of our games because we don't just do it for the money, we do it for the love of gaming and gamers can see that.)
Game Designer and Creative at http://www.xstreamtech.co.uk/

#10 Luffi45   Members   -  Reputation: 108

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:58 AM

Hey, I read your post, and I think it'd be better suited as a MMORPG, not just a team deathmatch. It'd make more sense with the storyline for their to be many players creating factions and hierarchies, and have them be able to fight for land on a huge planet(s) than to just have tiny matches in arenas. If you're planning on having it be a multiplayer game anyway, why not go the extra mile and have it be really successful, great game than an okay game?

#11 CFrac2   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:23 PM

Hey, I read your post, and I think it'd be better suited as a MMORPG, not just a team deathmatch. It'd make more sense with the storyline for their to be many players creating factions and hierarchies, and have them be able to fight for land on a huge planet(s) than to just have tiny matches in arenas. If you're planning on having it be a multiplayer game anyway, why not go the extra mile and have it be really successful, great game than an okay game?

Maybe you can help us out then?

Are you talented as a graphic artist, writer, or programmer? If yes, email me! chfracassi1@cox.net
Game Designer and Creative at http://www.xstreamtech.co.uk/

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS